Thunderbird 3 issues

illuminate

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been using thunderbird for a LONG time. But, recently I just didn't bother to install it right away on my new W7 install.
Then Thunderbird 3 came out.

So, i went to install it yesterday, and it installed fine, I put in my gmail account info, and it worked.

It then began importing all 20k emails i had in my inbox, most of which have picture attachments because of my graphics design work. It started to just eat up my hdd space until i literally ran out of space. I couldn't find any settings to make it not do this. Are there settings for that? I'd like to have the past.. 30 days or so, but not the past 3 years.

Also, i uninstalled Thunderbird, but it's still holding the emails somewhere on my PC because my hdd space didn't become greater when I uninstalled it. I really need that space back because on this laptop, it's only got IDE, and larger IDE drivers are harder to find.. i was lucky to find this 80gb.

So, any ideas on how to get it not to import all my emails, and 2, to remove the 20k it's imported and are somewhere on my hard drive?
Thanks! :)

Tools->Account Settings->Synchronisation and Storage. Configure as desired. If you choose 'configure manually' after entering your account details in the initial setup you can do this before the first check and avoid the huge download. There are options there to delete the existing cache as well.

When you uninstall I think it asks you if you want to keep your profile information. Anyway, you can delete the profile by finding it and just deleting the files: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile

im pissed because i cant get secure mail from comodo to work with the 64 bit version, but 32 bit works fine...i enjoy my email encryption

Okay, so I removed the profile, and now EVERYTIME I start Thunderbird, it tells me it's already running (and it isn't) and to close it (which it is) or restart my PC (which i have) and then, i try again, and it doesn't open it and gives me the same message.

I tired uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but the same thing.

Thoughts?

Hmm that sounds odd. Make sure you kill any thunderbird.exe processes. I was under the impression that deleting the profile deleted pretty much everything Thunderbird stores locally, but I could be mistaken. You might want to take this issue to the mozillazine forums. You can create a topic there without registering.

Back