Thumbnail Gallery Creator... help me, my [H]ard brethren...

bbz_Ghost

2[H]4U
Ok, it's rare, but I could use a hand. Here's what I've got:

65 directories of images, all nicely labeled and tagged - the images are numbered in sequence and named for the folder, with this kind of layout:

Image Gallery Name
- Folder 1
- Folder_01_01.jpg
- Folder_01_02.jpg
- etc...
- Folder 2
- Folder_02_01.jpg
- Folder_02_02.jpg
- etc...

All the way down to 65. Now, what I'd like to do is create an HTML thumbnail gallery with something simple, if possible. I've been attempting to do this with Irfanview which is a kickass free program and has been for many years now, but it'll create one big huge HTML file of all the images inside all 65 folders - that's one HTML file with 2,229 thumbnails on it, and dreadfully inefficient in most respects (not to mention a helluva load on browsers).

So I'm hoping to find a tool that I can point to the top level folder and say "Make a thumbnail gallery using HTML of this entire folder and subfolder structure" with minimal muss and fuss.

Any suggestions? Hopefully it'll create the top level HTML page, provide a sample thumbnail of each subfolder (or it can just be links, doesn't matter) which then open a new page with that folders contents/thumbnails, etc. Easy navigation Back and Forward through the images, etc. I'm also hoping the thumbnails and the full size images are able to be stored independently of each other.

If that sounds like something anyone knows an application that can do that for me, I'd appreciate a nod in the right direction. I could do all this by hand with Irfanview, but it's time consuming and I already spend a shitload of time creating the proper folder structure and naming all the files too.

Bleh.

Thanks folks...

Ah, that's an online service, and not quite what I had in mind. I'm trying to create a local gallery, but thanks for the heads up. The gallery is up to over 2,400 pics now so... that measly 200 pic thing at that site, well, that just ain't enough. :D

If you install JAlbum and export the album just launch the index.html file from your computer. The basic album does not use anything other than HTML. And on my sample site I have around 1000 pics.

Skip the signup, that is just a free hosting they provide if you register. Try this link:
http://jalbum.net/download/download.jsp

It just downloads the software.

I grabbed it and gave it a few runs around the block. It does work as advertised, but it simply doesn't allow me to create the layout I'm particularly interested in having, nor does it let me adequately modify the information I'd like to show with each thumbnail. The intention was/is to create a thumbnail gallery - meaning just the thumbnails. I won't be distributing the full images along with the gallery, obviously.

Thanks for the heads up, however.

Back