Three monitors on NVIDIA cards?

Synomenon

Supreme [H]ardness
I haven't used a NVIDIA card in some time. Interested in the GTX680, but would like to know first if a single GTX680 can drive at least three monitors.

Anyone know for sure?

Yes (and there are performance benchmarks for 3 display later on). Read the [H] review.

In terms of output there are 2x dual-link DVI outputs, one HDMI and one full size DisplayPort on board. This video card does support NV Surround from a single-video card. This means we can run our triple display setup from this one video card.

Is it like AMD where one must be DP if you run more than 2?

Or can you use HDMI/DVI/DVI?

i have a question. how much ram do you need?

i plan on tri-sli for 480's to run U2410 in portrait mode is it possible?

the 580GB SLI MSI lightning 3gb you can sli on 3 monitors right?

i highly doubt you would be able to run that many monitors with only 2gb VRAM

3D gaming i still think is a joke. but to have that hertz is good but to play games in 3D is absurd.

now watching movies it should be fine. but highly doubt you can run 4 monitors with a single GTX 680 let alone even run 3D

Actually you can use all 4 ports at once if you want.

*with the exception that only 3 can be NV Surround. The 4th must be non-3D desktop content. But like you said you can use any combination of ports for whatever you want. So you can do DVI/DVI/HDMI NV Surround if you wish.

I have a 7680x1600 setup and have been considering that using a three or four-way SLI with the 680s, but I think that the 2GB memory is going to be a bottleneck for that setup. So, I guess I will end up using three or four 7970s instead since they have twice the memory to work with...

Input is appreciated....

I have a 7680x1600 setup and have been considering that using a three or four-way SLI with the 680s, but I think that the 2GB memory is going to be a bottleneck for that setup. So, I guess I will end up using three or four 7970s instead since they have twice the memory to work with...

Input is appreciated....

50% more, but yea you'll probably want that 3gb for 7680x1600.

just so you know, nvidia has no preset capabilities, LOL...
really it is saddening for multi monitor users not to have presets.. have to configure manually (5 minutes?) everytime u switch from surround/eyefinity mode into triple screen mode for productivity or anything else...

with amd it only takes 1-2 sec..
another useless card from NVIDIA.. (for multi monitor users)

Input is appreciated....

3-4 way, do u game?
if yes, then xfire or 2 way sli is the answer.

50% more, but yea you'll probably want that 3gb for 7680x1600.

Funny enough, I just found a site that scales the performance of the GTX 680 from one card to four cards! It looks like the 2GB is not a problem for 5760x1080. I'm not sure if that holds true for higher resolutions though. I might take the gamble though and try it; a fall on my own sword per se. I'll definitely let people know the results when I get the GTX 680 cards I ordered...

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/264...0-quad-sli-review-english-version-sli-scaling

Just like the Hard OCP review of the single GPU, sometimes the quad 680 wins and sometimes the quad 7970. One thing in particular was interesting, three card setups were much more erratic than the four card setups in most games they tested...

Screw the gamble. The extra resolution I have will benefit most from the 7990 in double or triple crossfire. If NVidia keeps their trend of releasing cards with a paucity of VRAM I won't see a worthy card for my setup from them until a non-reference 790 is released which is way too far away...

Rift at 8100x1600 used to use up about 2.3GB of vram on my 580s. I came to the same conclusion as you...if I'm going to upgrade, I'm either going to have to wait for some 3GB 680s or go AMD for the first time in lots of years...

Rift at 8100x1600 used to use up about 2.3GB of vram on my 580s. I came to the same conclusion as you...if I'm going to upgrade, I'm either going to have to wait for some 3GB 680s or go AMD for the first time in lots of years...

I have been using AMD for the last. 6 years. They lag a little on the drivers in comparison, but they do get to them. I really wanted PhysX this time around, but oh well. Another two years with AMD works for me.

with amd it only takes 1-2 sec..
another useless card from NVIDIA.. (for multi monitor users)

Wow, I'm sure that's not an issue they can fix in a driver package... :rolleyes:

Back