ThreatFire software tool- anyone used this?

paco16

Limp Gawd
This type of "all-in-one security solution" has been an idea of mine for a long time. www.threatfire.com 's software was featured in MaximumPC's Internet Security tools. It is listed as the best security solution paired with AVG in this month's issue.
Anyone had any experience with this software? I'm thinking of using this as a simple solution for some clients but testing it on my 2 or 3 boxes isn't necessarily a definitive testing plan...

Note: No mac support as far as I can see...

Guess lack of response means a resounding "no".

Based on that magazine also selecting AVG as their antivirus of choice...LOL...I wouldn't take their other recommendations highly.

I tried it last night, it stayed on my system for about an hour before I decided I didn't like it. I'm using the free version of Bit Defender at work and I really like it, unfortunately I run Vista and home and it's not compatible.

Guess lack of response means a resounding "no".

Based on that magazine also selecting AVG as their antivirus of choice...LOL...I wouldn't take their other recommendations highly.

I have been using AVG on my pc and my customer's pc's for years. It's the best solution for those who want to be protected, but also get annoyed by most anti-virus software's constant "I'm WORKING, I'm WORKING!" bark. Kind of like those little dogs that yip constantly... omg... you're a damn dog! Man up! *Back to what I was saying*
AVG has a great library and take up minimal resources... Granted the free version does not mesh well with a domain. But most people with a domain happen to belong to a company or corporation in which the professional version should and has worked sufficiently.
Why is AVG bad? Please explain! I must be missing something...

I tried it last night, it stayed on my system for about an hour before I decided I didn't like it. I'm using the free version of Bit Defender at work and I really like it, unfortunately I run Vista and home and it's not compatible.

threatfire is compatible and I have a customer that just bought 10 vista machines. This utility is running on their network and has already saved them from a nasty rootkit!

Back