Threat Ripper 4000 Family Socket

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
I want to know what is next generation ThreathRipper motherboard socket ?
It is the same like 3000 Family or new chipset and new socket should be ?
I am checking all the rummors but is not clear now.

Hello guys,
I want to know what is next generation ThreathRipper motherboard socket ?
It is the same like 3000 Family or new chipset and new socket should be ?
I am checking all the rummors but is not clear now.

I dont see that happening since they just moved to TRX40... November 19?

yeah its probably safe to assume 4000 series will be on trx40 then maybe something new late next year. no one knows though and nothing has been mentioned or announced.

If you can wait, I would do so. The Threadripper Pro’s don’t use the same socket as the existing Threadrippers and there is no way of knowing if they will use that new socket or not going forward.

It is the last SP3 Threadripper, but whether that means motherboard compatible or not is another thing. I think it will be, just because the main improvement warranting it would have been 8 channel, which they put in the Pro. If they change power pins or some shit just to make you change chipsets I’ll be salty.

For roadmap I thought it was 2000’s released in q4 ‘18 and then 3000’s in q4 19, I’m old and have bad memory though.

Genesis Peak was due Q4 ‘20 but whether that holds we’ll see, stupid ‘rona; they did say they were on track still and my beloved Lisa is unlikely to risk her lovely lovely share price by saying roadmap was on track after an easy out to delay, but we’re not far out now and I’ve heard nothing so I’d be surprised if it’s coming out in the next 3 months. They don’t usually have shit locked down that tight.

Itd be nice though, I’m still holding fire on my new workstation as my case hasn’t arrived yet, which means next gen nvidia, which means might as well wait and see.The IPC clock improvements would be massively worth it for me, so I’m kinda dreaming of a Christmas holidays build.

it’s not gonna be tail end of next year, but might not squeak in this year is my gut feeling

Back