Threadripper 2990wx Temperature WC

theonedub

n00b
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been running my 2990wx for a few months now and I'm still on the fence as to whether my temps are normal or too high.

The PC is running WCG BOINC 100% loaded PBO 275w TDP 500 for both voltage settings. Dual triple thick 360 rads, D5, Yates in PP, MEG Creation MB with the latest Supremacy TR3 block revision (just before velocity dropped).

When its acclimated the coolant temp is about 32-35C and the CPU is about 56-60C.

I know the EK isn't the best contact wise for TR blocks but I wanted to stay all EK for the loop. Same loop with older supremacy kept my 14c Xeon sub 45C all day, but we're talking a much higher TDP, higher core concentration, etc with this CPU.

Long short- do I need to repaste and mod the mount a little for more pressure or are these temps in line for my loop and this power hungry CPU?

Thanks!

Your temps seem to be in line with all the data that I can find around the interwebs.... my 2700x with an all core clock of 4.3 ghz will tap 70C on water with an XPC Raystorm Pro and a 3x120mm rad after a little over an hr of prime 95 Blend running continuously

I think I'll play with the overclock instead of phoning it in with PBO when I have time. I've run Prime blend on it before and temps were pretty much the same, anywhere from 25-30C delta between coolant temp and core temp. Probably just leave the paste application, Thermal Grizzly isn't cheap haha

I think I'll play with the overclock instead of phoning it in with PBO when I have time. I've run Prime blend on it before and temps were pretty much the same, anywhere from 25-30C delta between coolant temp and core temp. Probably just leave the paste application, Thermal Grizzly isn't cheap haha

I know the feeling pastes are getting overly expensive, Dial in your core clock and see if you can drop the voltage a little bit from stock.... That will help reduce temps a fair amount... I know that with PBO my cpu was boosting to 4.275ghz but the voltage was way out of hand at almost 1.5v! I went to an all core clock of 4.3 and set the llc to extreme on my board with a voltage of 1.365 and have not looked back.

Back