Threadripper 1950x 599 at Microcenter

Open box for $539.96 available at some stores too. Also if you buy a MOBO from them with the CPU, you get a $30 combo discount.

Yeah I bought one new off a guy here for 570 shipped which was great price at the time now with a Mobo (asrcok taichi cough cough) it would be the exact same price.- I would not however recommend the cooler master heatsink they sell for it - it was created by satan to torture you.

I mean. I don't have a microcenter within 3 hours. Does any place pricematch?

I would get the asrcok taichi - when I went to get mine - there were about 6 open box gigabyte boards - and the sales guy told me the taichi and the rog extreme were the best - and the taichi was cheaper.

Or alternatively, maybe we could get one of the brot[H]ers that lives truly local to one to hook us up for a modest fee? I mean, sheesh. Maybe Black Friday/Cyber week will bring favorable pricing at Newegg.

Well, I am taking a trip to the Northeast Ohio Microcenter on Wednesday, wish me luck. :D

Mayfiedl ? they have plent but check on stock of mobos- you can actually reserve online then just go up to desk to pay that way you know you got it

Mayfiedl ? they have plent but check on stock of mobos- you can actually reserve online then just go up to desk to pay that way you know you got it

Not sure what I am going to get, if anything but, I love looking around there for a few hours. :)

What do you guys cool this with? None of the AIO have a coldplate to cover the entire heat spreader. The only one is the Enermax Liquitech, but looking at the reviews those units suffer from galvanic corrosion and go bad after 6 months to a year =/

Theres not a whole lot out there for TR4 Coolers.

Well, I did not pick up a 1950X. However, I did pick up a $43.50 Asrock B350 Fatality Gaming mITX openbox mainboard, $119 for 16GB GSkill 3600 ram (Newegg Price match) and a $79 Ryzen 2200G. The board posts, I just tried it 15 minutes ago. I will have to put it together tomorrow. (This is replacing the Athlon 5350 parts.)

Still, $550 is a good deal for this processor.

Theres not a whole lot out there for TR4 Coolers.

Does it need to be water/AIO? Noctua has a few of their heatsinks (U9, U12S, and U14S) that come in Threadripper (and Epyc) variants that have the enlarged contact surface.

Back