Thread 120398385834 On The Topic of Heat

DeChache

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok so it looks like Im getting an Opty 170 for Xmas and how much hotter is it going to be then my 3200+ Venice. It will be at stock threw the rest of the school year because stability is more important then raw speed in that case.

Also do the Optys come with the good 4 heatpipe heatsinks.

Yes the Opty's do come with the good heatpipe HSFs. It should not run significantly higher than a Venice. As for stability, that's what Opteron were MADE for.

Yeah thats what I'm hoping for. Im getting tired of my 3200+ dogging out on me while multitasking.

a lot of multitasking problems may arise from slow HDs and not enough memory.. just something to keep in mind ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
a lot of multitasking problems may arise from slow HDs and not enough memory.. just something to keep in mind ;)

I know 2 gigs of ram is coming with the Opty and maybe a raptor in a couple months after I have time to save up for it. But I figure I better get the opty while I can. Im going to raid my two diamond max 10s I think when I install the opty so I hope that will solve some of my hardrive lag because these drives were cheap and they are slow as hell.

DeChache said:
I know 2 gigs of ram is coming with the Opty and maybe a raptor in a couple months after I have time to save up for it. But I figure I better get the opty while I can. Im going to raid my two diamond max 10s I think when I install the opty so I hope that will solve some of my hardrive lag because these drives were cheap and they are slow as hell.

Screw the raptor man, upgrade that 7800 :D

Riddlinkidstoner said:
Screw the raptor man, upgrade that 7800 :D

Im waiting for the Mid range DX10 cards in the summer to upgrade. I thought about a X1950Pro but since the 7800 plays everything I want it to. Im waiting for midrange DX10.

Yeah as of 12/25/06 Ill have the Opty 170 and nice 2 gig set of Gskill ram and a Corsair 520 to feed it all.

Finaly my system the way I wanted it to be.

Back