THQ Nordic Acquires Game Studios Coffee Stain and BugBear Entertainment

cageymaru

Fully [H]
THQ Nordic has purchased Helsinki-based independent game development studio Bugbear Entertainment. Bugbear Entertainment is known for its racing and demolition derby title Wreckfest. THQ Nordic has also acquired Coffee Stain Holding AB including 100% of its subsidiary Coffee Stain Publishing AB. With the Coffee Stain acquisition, THQ Nordic now owns the intellectual property rights to the games Goat Simulator, Satisfactory, Sanctum, and the publishing rights to the game Deep Rock Galactic. THQ Nordic also released its Q3 2018 financial statement today where it announced a 1,403% net sales increase.

Net sales in the THQ Nordic business area were up 47% to SEK 124.2 million. This was driven by the release of Titan Quest, Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mars-tered and This is the Police 2, in addition to continued performance of Wreckfest. Net sales of Deep Silver were SEK 251.8 million, driven by the release of Dakar 18 and a good performance of Pathfinder Kingmaker at the end of the quarter. The digital net sales of the back-catalogue in both business areas continued to have solid performances.

THQ is on a buying spree, I guess.

Really looking forward to Satisfactory myself. Don't know if I have time for the alpha, but I'll probably buy it when it hits Steam EA.

Back