THQ games 50% off through July 26th

A direct link would be a tad more helpful. It doesn't look like it is everything THQ, just a selection. On Friday another title looks to be available.

Titles are:

-Supreme Commander Gold $15
-Titan Quest: Immortal Throne $7.50
-Saint's Row 2 $15
-STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl $10
-Frontlines: Fuel of War $15

A direct link would be a tad more helpful. It doesn't look like it is everything THQ, just a selection. On Friday another title looks to be available.

Titles are:

-Supreme Commander Gold $15
-Titan Quest: Immortal Throne $7.50
-Saint's Row 2 $15
-STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl $10
-Frontlines: Fuel of War $15
I tried the direct link with that URL, and it didn't work for me... hmm.

/shrug

Thanks.

How do these guys compare to Steam?
I've bought 5 games from them over a 5 year period of time and never had any trouble. You login and the games you've purchased are always available for download without any "management" program like steam.

I've bought 5 games from them over a 5 year period of time and never had any trouble. You login and the games you've purchased are always available for download without any "management" program like steam.

Gotcha. Thanks, homeskillet.

Saints Row 2 for $15? Hmm. Anyone know if the patches actually helped the game's performance problems at all?

Not really, no. There was one patch but it hardly did anything for performance for me.

Supreme Commander Gold for $15 is pretty damn good.

Saints Row 2 still performs like shit and crashes a good amount, but is a ton of fun especially co-op. Well worth $15 if you like that style game.

Saints Row 2 still performs like shit and crashes a good amount, but is a ton of fun especially co-op. Well worth $15 if you like that style game.

I love Saints Row 2, but I think I'll stick with playing my brother's 360 copy when I borrow the system. I can handle bugs, but crashes and massive performance issues are game killers for me. I just hope Red Faction Guerrilla turns out better.

what style? buggy and crash prone?

Heh, meant GTA style games. I think buggy and crash prone just comes with the PC for most games nowadays (sadly). Yah, its buggy and crashes, but not often enough that it overwhelmed the fun I had mowing down people with my friend.

I'll be getting Red Faction when it comes out, but I'm not holding my breath that will be any better bug wise.

Heh, meant GTA style games. I think buggy and crash prone just comes with the PC for most games nowadays (sadly). Yah, its buggy and crashes, but not often enough that it overwhelmed the fun I had mowing down people with my friend.

I'll be getting Red Faction when it comes out, but I'm not holding my breath that will be any better bug wise.

I already have it pre-ordered through Impulse. The studio doing the port is interesting. They work on military simulators and stuff. One of the founders created Decent. They're not some Eastern European studio like SR2 was supposedly out-sourced too. Still, I'm not as worried about bugs as much as how well it performs.

Bugs are pretty common on all platforms these days. There has always been buggy PC games. A few of best cRPGs were incredibly buggy on release and were still buggy after the patches stopped.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I figured it was being done by the same group that did SR2.

I'm probably going to pre-order from impulse as well. I played the original game a ton and the new one looks great.

Stalker Clear Sky is $20. I'm not sure if that is half off the normal price, but it would make sense that the deal would apply to both Stalker games. Plus, it's $15 cheaper than on Steam.

much prefer direct 2 drive (and the similiar gamersgate) to steam...not sure why so many people are turning down a good deal for that...

Back