Thousands of Playstation 5 consoles being stockpiled by Walmart

Krenum

Fully [H]
If you can't find a Playstation 5 to buy, Walmart may be to blame. It looks like they are stockpiling them for Christmas. Which makes you wonder if other retailers are stockpiling other hot consumer goods and waiting for the "right" time to release them. I'd bet money that they are.

Needless to say, fans & gamers alike are not happy.

A viral TikTok video has allegedly revealed a huge stockpile of Playstation 5 in a Walmart warehouse, sparking outrage among gamers amid a global shortage of the in-demand console.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...almart-stockpile-playstation-5s-b1940828.html

CAUTION, turn your speakers down before you view the video

Last edited:
That's like 500. Walmart has 3570 supercenters in just the USA. Dumb. If each walmart wanted to have just 20 units for a launch, that would be 70,000+.

Yeah, 500 is nothing. They probably only got 500 because that's all they could get due to the insane traffic jam at the LA port. The supply disruption situation is so bad that Walmart and other retailers have resorted to chartering entire cargo ships at around $40,000 per day to carry and unload solely their own products at other nearby ports to get around the LA port jam that's expected to take months to clear up. They literally cannot take product out of the port fast enough by both truck and rail to keep up with the incoming cargo. To exacerbate that, there is a nationwide shortage of truck drivers.

How bad is it that I half-expected a forklift to knock the whole thing down, accidentally ofc...

"Thousands of Playstation 5 consoles being stockpiled by Walmart to be used in a Crytocurrency mining farm, insiders say"

"Associated Press - Walmart is making a splash by entering the crypto currency market. First, they are building a mining farm using the powerful Playstation 5 console, to be followed by accepting multiple forms of crypto as payment in-store. They will soon release $Walrus, Walmarts own proprietary cryptocurrency. The currency will be accepted immediately at all Walmart locations. A change to the return policy is also forthcoming. Beginning January 1st, 2022, all merchandise returns will be issued in $Walrus coins. WMT stocks were up on the news."

Last edited:
"Thousands of Playstation 5 consoles being stockpiled by Walmart to be used in a Crytocurrency mining farm, insiders say"

"Associated Press - Walmart is making a splash by entering the crypto currency market. First, they are building a mining farm using the powerful Playstation 5 console, to be followed by accepting multiple forms of crypto as payment in-store. They will soon release $Walrus, Walmarts own proprietary cryptocurrency. The currency will be accepted immediately at all Walmart locations. A change to the return policy is also forthcoming. Beginning January 1st, 2022, all merchandise returns will be issued in $Walrus coins. WMT stocks were up on the news."
LOL . At this point would anyone be surprised by something like this? Lets have a coin for every retailer . On that note can we mine [H] coin yet or ? ;)

You forgot the part where employees who accept payment in $Walrus will get a 1% raise to do so.

Old Roy's Blueray players I'm sure they just got those in recently the problem is the item is so hot Walmart doesn't know how to distribute them. Scalping right now is hardly worth it unless you scalp a dozen of them.

You didn't have to give me another reason not to shop at Walmart, but you did, thanks!

You should try working there lol. Spent the Night cleaning under Johnsonville Brats and non antibiotic Chicken.
I bought the rotisserie chicken. Great deal, financially speaking. I'm single so I get at least 2 meals from one bird and that means reheating meal #2 slowly in the microwave. That's when I heard a crackle and saw a tiny flash like from an arc welder. Didn't think much of it until the next time I bought a chicken and same thing happened. I reported it to Walmart and they laughed at me on the phone.
It has reoccurred many times with other rotisserie chickens from Walmart and even their cut up stuff. No one can tell me what's in the chicken that causes that sparking event. It has to be some kind of metal I would think.
BTW, when's the last time Walmart Door Nazis required you to show them your receipt on the way out the store? Almost no one seems to realize they have ZERO Legal Authority to be doing that but most folks are thoroughly brainwashed by now so they have no clue. I realize they do that door check because they now have the Customers doing their job checking out the food but it's still illegal for them to be doing it, or it used to be years back. When they ask you for your receipt to see if you're stealing the beer they are accusing you of possibly being a thief. Here's just one of millions of examples how brainwashed the US Public has become:

Is it legal to not show your receipt at Walmart?
If you don't cooperate, the retailer could... Yes it is legal for a stores to require you produce your receipt before you exit there stores since you did not come into the store with the items you are leaving with

Note the precise grammar and especially the pinpoint spelling. Ignorance of one's rights and lack of proper education seem to go hand in hand.
Hey! Screw Walmart ... go to LA where you can get your Christmas presents for Free. Walk in, shop then walk out and no receipt checking either

Last edited:
The chicken might have metal ties around the legs not really sure.
20211023_112937.jpg

I should see if the have PC game design as a option but if it requires learning the basics over I'm out of luck.

Last edited:
Legs or Wings may be bound with twist-ties or string that has a metal staple holding it together for rotisserie cooking so they don't flop around and/or fall off the bird.

Yeah, 500 is nothing. They probably only got 500 because that's all they could get due to the insane traffic jam at the LA port. The supply disruption situation is so bad that Walmart and other retailers have resorted to chartering entire cargo ships at around $40,000 per day to carry and unload solely their own products at other nearby ports to get around the LA port jam that's expected to take months to clear up. They literally cannot take product out of the port fast enough by both truck and rail to keep up with the incoming cargo. To exacerbate that, there is a nationwide shortage of truck drivers.

That’s not the real issue. The real issue is that Port of Long Beach/ Port of LA is the most inefficient port in all the world, for a number of reasons.

1) the customs office in port of LA/LB is only open from 8:30 am til 4pm meaning the port cannot do intake outside of those hours.
2) Port operations will not run a third shift so the port only operates for 14 hours a day.
3) Contracts have been written that minimize the use of automated unloading devices, reducing efficiency and speed of ship unloading.

As a resident of Long Beach working in the port every day, I can tell you that there are plenty of trucks, all pissed and waiting to take their load across the country. Some truckers refuse to deal with the slowness of the port and won’t take routes than run to it.

So, don’t blame trucks or trains. It’s the port. I should know, I’m there every day.

Here is a decent article from a source I don’t care much for. It’s pretty accurate.

https://www.cato.org/commentary/americas-ports-problem-decades-making

I bought the rotisserie chicken. Great deal, financially speaking. I'm single so I get at least 2 meals from one bird and that means reheating meal #2 slowly in the microwave. That's when I heard a crackle and saw a tiny flash like from an arc welder. Didn't think much of it until the next time I bought a chicken and same thing happened. I reported it to Walmart and they laughed at me on the phone.
It has reoccurred many times with other rotisserie chickens from Walmart and even their cut up stuff. No one can tell me what's in the chicken that causes that sparking event. It has to be some kind of metal I would think.
BTW, when's the last time Walmart Door Nazis required you to show them your receipt on the way out the store? Almost no one seems to realize they have ZERO Legal Authority to be doing that but most folks are thoroughly brainwashed by now so they have no clue. I realize they do that door check because they now have the Customers doing their job checking out the food but it's still illegal for them to be doing it, or it used to be years back. When they ask you for your receipt to see if you're stealing the beer they are accusing you of possibly being a thief. Here's just one of millions of examples how brainwashed the US Public has become:

Is it legal to not show your receipt at Walmart?
If you don't cooperate, the retailer could... Yes it is legal for a stores to require you produce your receipt before you exit there stores since you did not come into the store with the items you are leaving with

Note the precise grammar and especially the pinpoint spelling. Ignorance of one's rights and lack of proper education seem to go hand in hand.
Hey! Screw Walmart ... go to LA where you can get your Christmas presents for Free. Walk in, shop then walk out and no receipt checking either
It is not illegal for them to ask to check your receipt, but you have every right to refuse. They can force you to show it or detain you if they have reason to believe you are shop lifting, otherwise it’s entirely voluntary.

The chicken might have metal ties around the legs not really sure.
View attachment 405844

I should see if the have PC game design as a option but if the require learning the basics over I'm out of luck.

Maybe you could be one of those guys that builds Walmart's custom PC (afaik that's still a thing?). That'd be a sweet gig.

. No one can tell me what's in the chicken that causes that sparking event. It has to be some kind of metal I would think.

Yes it is probably the metal and other reactive element food contain (Iron-Zinc-Magnesium-sodium-potassium, etc...), if it is round and has a skin more likely to happen.

Carrot is something that can spark a lot in microwave:

Last edited:
That’s not the real issue. The real issue is that Port of Long Beach/ Port of LA is the most inefficient port in all the world, for a number of reasons.

Cool, good to see someone working at the port clarifying the issue.

Can't believe an international port only has an 8-4 customs office, which is probably an hour less for lunch. So a 6.5 hour customs office with 14 hour a day operation, that's really dumb.

They should be like manufacturing, 24/7 with three 8 hour shifts for both customs and port operation.

This is BS, the same regurgitated BS crap that the government or something was doing this en-mass with past play stations, while some of it was being done, it just wasn't as true and large as life as people thought.

This is BS, the same regurgitated BS crap that the government or something was doing this en-mass with past play stations, while some of it was being done, it just wasn't as true and large as life as people thought.
I do remember hearing rumors of people making computing farms out of the Playstation 2 because its processor was so advanced at the time.

Was it the walrus coin that gave you a clue that it was or..... ?

I asked around today I guess the Trucks at Work are getting smaller came from CAP 2 member who play Overwatch and Battlefield.

It is not illegal for them to ask to check your receipt, but you have every right to refuse. They can force you to show it or detain you if they have reason to believe you are shop lifting, otherwise it’s entirely voluntary.
I know a guy that got tackled by a bar's bouncer because he wouldn't let them check his wife's purse for one of their precious "stein" mugs. She didn't have one, the tackling guy got fired (and is still salty about it over a decade later), and the guy sued (don't tackle attorneys when you have no right to search) and won as it was caught by a bystander on video. So, to the guy who posted the original comment, sure deny them the 2 seconds it takes them to look at your receipt and mark it. See how that goes for you. If you're an attorney, go for it. If you are, maybe you can make it illegal, because I'm pretty sure it is not (or it may vary depending on locality).

Back on topic, maybe Walmart will have a decent supply for Christmas?

I know a guy that got tackled by a bar's bouncer because he wouldn't let them check his wife's purse for one of their precious "stein" mugs. She didn't have one, the tackling guy got fired (and is still salty about it over a decade later), and the guy sued (don't tackle attorneys when you have no right to search) and won as it was caught by a bystander on video. So, to the guy who posted the original comment, sure deny them the 2 seconds it takes them to look at your receipt and mark it. See how that goes for you. If you're an attorney, go for it. If you are, maybe you can make it illegal, because I'm pretty sure it is not (or it may vary depending on locality).

I think your better off buying a controller for your PC via USB instant Super Console.
What is going to happen Walmart will have the PS5 and X-BOX featured in the newspaper Black Friday sale but they will say short damn supply.
I just did a learning mod. on the PC today for Black Friday even though I think I have off because it lands on my Day off. The Line for the Store isn't going to be scattered all over the store it's going to be one single line going from the entrance of the store a big loop of a line to prevent whatever happened in the past.
The learning mod said look out for pinch points for crowded ingress scenarios so people don't make a mad rush.

sure deny them the 2 seconds it takes them to look at your receipt and mark it. See how that goes for you.
Here's how it's gonna go: the employees aren't paid enough to stop you, unless they're Loss Prevention, or possibly from a security company. Just tell them "no" or ignore them. Or you can be like my neighbor, who got stopped, the employee glanced into his cart and said "ok", and he insisted she individually check each item in the cart. Now, he says, they won't meet his eyes and never ask him to check the receipt.

I do remember hearing rumors of people making computing farms out of the Playstation 2 because its processor was so advanced at the time.
So fun fact they tried it with the PS2. They had memory leaks and other hardware related issues.

Then the PS3 dropped and the rest is history. History being at least two clusters of PS3s. And it freaking worked. The early 2000s were such a wild time.

Here's how it's gonna go: the employees aren't paid enough to stop you, unless they're Loss Prevention, or possibly from a security company. Just tell them "no" or ignore them. Or you can be like my neighbor, who got stopped, the employee glanced into his cart and said "ok", and he insisted she individually check each item in the cart. Now, he says, they won't meet his eyes and never ask him to check the receipt.
Fair enough. You never know if you get someone like that or a "respect my authoritah" type that will make it into a thing. From my perspective, it only takes a second. They barely look at the receipt, put a mark on it, and send you on your way.

Fair enough. You never know if you get someone like that or a "respect my authoritah" type that will make it into a thing. From my perspective, it only takes a second. They barely look at the receipt, put a mark on it, and send you on your way.
Most the time they are the old useless people. Most the time I just walk by them with out them stopping me. Once in awhile I get stopped and really it only takes 2 sec. Sure they look at the receipt but probably don't even comprehend what is written on it since a lot of the time the description is not clear for the item.

Based on AMD’s announcements about upcoming product launches, and TSMC’s current projection lineups I’m doubtful. But I live nowhere near a Walmart, already determined my only way to get one right now is to put in an order with the closest Source and when they get one they call I drop everything and make the 2h drive to get up there.

Like Costco, they only do it to keep you from coming back in grabbing the same’ish stuff and walking back out again like you had paid for it.

From my perspective, it only takes a second.
That's fine, but I don't like to play along with the assumption that I'm a thief. I don't give the employees crap about it, it's not like they want to hassle customers, but I won't play the game.

It's the thing I hate most about Costco. If you want me to show you my receipt, hire more people to check, because it's a big bottleneck at times. Boy, they get real upset, though, if you ignore the line and walk out.

Like Costco, they only do it to keep you from coming back in grabbing the same’ish stuff and walking back out again like you had paid for it.
Confronting actual shoplifters would probably be more cost effective than hassling a random sample of customers.

Confronting actual shoplifters would probably be more cost effective than hassling a random sample of customers.
Not in the slightest, unless the staff you have on hand is trained, certified, you have adequate facilities on site, and an extensive monitored surveillance system all you are doing is opening yourself up to a crapload of lawsuits. And what if they get violent, you need staff on hand to deal with that too, and sweet Jesus the insurance premiums. Nah, security theater all the way on that, make it look like you are trying enough to detur the casual shoplifters and leave the rest to the cops.

Part of the Wal-Mart experience is getting your cart checked by an old man with enough cognitive impairment to be mistaken for a US presidential candidate pretending to read your receipt.
This isn't Costco where they can revoke my membership. I never show my receipt at Walmart or other stores. Think I stole something? Call the police.

Back