Thoughts on the TU150?

Very sharp looking. One of the best looking ITX cases I have seen. Looks reasonably functional as well.

Since I only want air cooling, it's nice that this supports full height air coolers.

My only knock would be intakes don't appear filtered. We can never win against dust build up, but I prefer to at least put up a fight.

Last edited:
A little on the large side but looks like a solid case for air cooling.

It is on the big size for my taste and is definitely a Ncase clone, one thing that is an improvement is the front intake which will help exhaust the GPU heat out the back.

I could see this being the 'BitFenix Prodigy' of entry 'premium-level' mini-itx PC cases. I am curious how well a Noctua NH-U12A with 2 Noctua 120mm Sterrox fans (1 front, 1 back) does with a 3900X / i9 9900K and 2080 TI setup.

Lian Li has some nice cases, but unless they are out in the wild for purchase, it doesn't matter how cool they are.

This is a nice looking case tho

I was excited by this with the CES coverage ..one of the techtubers was bashing the handle as 'flimsy' and kept pulling the handle out of the recess and then letting it drop back in to demonstrate - what a tard

What I like so far is that its made of aluminum , shipping in aluminum as well as black colors & of course it has tempered glass window without being the size of a bigger case like nzxt h210 .

Also I heard it has micro usb c latest rev in the front io to match up with the Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming board which is also DTX .

I don't like that it is SFX PS only ..I think the top area is wasted with the recess for the handle, not vented or accommodating a fan .. so extra volume like a tophat but no real benefit .

Kenny

Builds started showing up on YT, so they are shipping to reviewers.

Maybe it is close to shipping to the public.

Nwegg's mobile app says 9/22 for me.

Still doesn't stop me from refreshing the product page a couple times a day...

Fuck overly crammed ITX cases with pcie risers chasing the volume autism that require AIOs or only support anemic air coolers. Both worse and/or noisier than a good tower heatsink. The best fan right now is 120mm too, happy coincidence.

Fuck overly crammed ITX cases with pcie risers chasing the volume autism that require AIOs or only support anemic air coolers. Both worse and/or noisier than a good tower heatsink. The best fan right now is 120mm too, happy coincidence.
Agreed.
I check availability everyday too...

I've loved the look of this case since it debuted at Computex. I was having a hard time deciding between the two colors but ended up pre-ordering silver. I have an NH-D15S with the Chromax covers which puts it at 165mm. Very interested to see if it fits.

Some reviews I've found so far

TweakTown

TechPowerUp

bit-tech

eTeknix

Its big for a mitx SFF case but the fact it has room to do pretty much what you want to and the fact it has a carrying handle makes it ideal if you want to carry a fully functioning power house of a build around to various places. Friend's house, lan party, vacations (by car), et.,

It's pretty but it's huge for an mitx case while having somewhat weak cooling system compatibility (no 240mm AIOs unless you run no GPU and only a couple of 120mm AIOs fit) and the thermal performance seems to be subpar compared to others.

I have an NH-D15S with the Chromax covers which puts it at 165mm. Very interested to see if it fits.

Their site shows it with a DRP4, so D15-anything fit stock at least. Website dimension specs being what they are, in real life a DRP4 sits slightly higher in a Q500L than a D15, they both touch the plexiglass window but the be-quiet presses into it a bit more.

Whether or not your ITX socket will still block the PCI-e slot is between you and your motherboard. Probably will be good with he S version though, since it was made to clear further away from PCI-e slots for socket 2011 boards.

Close to being out, nice. Looks like a decent case. I wouldn’t mind one

I've loved the look of this case since it debuted at Computex. I was having a hard time deciding between the two colors but ended up pre-ordering silver. I have an NH-D15S with the Chromax covers which puts it at 165mm. Very interested to see if it fits.

Some reviews I've found so far

TweakTown

TechPowerUp

bit-tech

eTeknix

I like both colors , usually I like LEDs but not a huge fan of RGB . So would do a Black case with RED LEDs or a Silver case with Blue LEDs ..think Corsair ML120s in every hole .

Any word when the ASUS Strix DTX board is shipping ?

Kenny

Got my TU150 yesterday and thought I'd share some pics and first impressions.

I love the top area for hiding all of the cables. I was able to fit my Corsair Commander Pro fan controller + Lighting Node Pro + all of the fan cables and the SATA power cable up in the roof. You can get as close to the handle as you want and the top panel will just sit on top since the only cutout is for the handle itself. There's also a tiny space below the handle where I was able to stuff some of the fan RGB cables.

KPbCVJ6m.jpg

I can confirm that a Noctua NH-D15S with Chromax covers fits just fine with plenty of room. I have 4 other Corsair LL120 fans in the case as well. No performance testing yet, just got it set up.

GsjcJtnm.jpg

I also snapped a couple pics comparing it to my previous case - Fractal Meshify C Mini (mATX). The TU150 is right at 4" shorter. Width is about the same which makes sense given the ability to fit huge CPU coolers in the Lian Li.

nhXmeIJm.jpg HKQum5vm.jpg

Only negative I have is a bit nit-picky. On the top panel there are a few small places where it looks like the wash finish didn't "take" and the finish isn't quite uniform. These places are very small but enough that it annoys me a bit when I look closely.

9HiebNim.jpg

System specs if interested
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I
  • Corsair SF750
  • 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
  • eVGA 1080ti
  • 1TB HP EX920 m.2
  • 2TB HP EX950 m.2
  • Noctua NH-D15S
  • 4x Corsair LL120

Currently have my system sitting in a Slate Grey Cerberus, but just ordered a silver / windowed TU150 (along with a Noctua NH-U12A CPU cooler, three Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans, & a set of longer sleeved cables from Corsair (black)...

Will be moving my rig into the TU150 this weekend, parts breakdown:

Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX motherboard
Ryzen R9 3900X 12c/24t CPU
Samsung 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2666MHz (trash M-die)
Two 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition GPU
Corsair SF750 SFX PSU

I just do not like the thermals or noise I am getting in the Cerberus, hence the switch to the TU150...
CPU was fine, but the GPU suffered from the heat dumped into the system from the 240 AIO (intaking from below)...
Tried a Morpheus II heat sink on the 5700 XT, but the memory was too hot & the card would thermal throttle after five minutes in Furmark...
Put the stock blower cooler back on, but repasted with Kryonaut & swapped all the thermal pads with Thermal Grizzly minus8 pads, adding pads between the PCB & backplate (VRMs & VRAM), really made a difference; 15 minute run of Furmark memory got no hotter than 80 degrees Celsius, but the blower fan was jetting along at just under 4k rpms (so loud as fu*k)...

I also plan to replace the Samsung RAM with a 32GB kit from G.Skill at some point (2 @ 16GB DIMMs running @ 3600MHz with a CAS latency of 16-16-16-36, verified Samsung B-die) then we just wait for Big Navi...!

Last edited:
It may help but it may not. I'll be interested to hear the results.

I'm in an NZXT h210 which is similar in size to the TU150 but supports more cooling options; I'm running a 260mm AIO on the [email protected] in the front inhaling air, a 120mm AIO on the 2080TI exhaling air in the back, and a 140mm fan exhaling in the top. CPU never gets over 67C and the GPU never goes over 68C. I'm not even running heatsinks on the VRAM and the modules are just warm to the touch with the fan blowing across them (NZXT G12 AIO Bracket).

I was originally considering one of the smaller Sligers but the cooling support is a bit low IMO. Are you planning on selling the Cerebus?

It may help but it may not. I'll be interested to hear the results.

I'm in an NZXT h210 which is similar in size to the TU150 but supports more cooling options; I'm running a 260mm AIO on the [email protected] in the front inhaling air, a 120mm AIO on the 2080TI exhaling air in the back, and a 140mm fan exhaling in the top. CPU never gets over 67C and the GPU never goes over 68C. I'm not even running heatsinks on the VRAM and the modules are just warm to the touch with the fan blowing across them (NZXT G12 AIO Bracket).

I was originally considering one of the smaller Sligers but the cooling support is a bit low IMO. Are you planning on selling the Cerebus?

I am planning to sell the Cerberus...!

It has the top handle & windowed side panel, I also have a complete set of the Demciflex filters, including top filters for both handled & non-handled versions of the chassis...
I also plan to include two fans, a Noctua NF-A9 PWM & a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM (these will include black fan grills)...

And finally, there are TWO sets of bespoke custom cables, the first set was made with the wrong PSU orientation (but the vendor was kind enough to make a second set & send them out with no extra charges)... These cables consist of the 24-pin motherboard cable, the 8-pin EPS (CPU) cable, two PCI (GPU) cables (one 8-pin & one 6-pin), & a 6-pin single connector SATA power cable... These are all done in a Crimson / Gunmetal / Black color scheme...

The above cables are designed to work (with the front internally mounted SFX PSU) with the Asus Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX motherboard...

About US$500 bucks worth of chassis & gear, a great deal is to be had...! Message me if interested or with any questions... Pics will be available once I transfer my rig to the new chassis (which UPS now tells me will be here on Monday, not tomorrow / Friday like originally quoted... So BS about Severe Weather, pfff)...

Last edited:
My only knock would be intakes don't appear filtered. We can never win against dust build up, but I prefer to at least put up a fight.

There is a filter on the front 120mm intake, but the end user will have to provide their own filter for the bottom venting...

I would purchase one if it had a vented side panel instead of glass.

Lian Li now offers a vented side panel instead of glass...

The venting is down low on the panel, intended for exhausting hot GPU air (axial fan cooled models, of course)...

I could see this being the 'BitFenix Prodigy' of entry 'premium-level' mini-itx PC cases. I am curious how well a Noctua NH-U12A with 2 Noctua 120mm Sterrox fans (1 front, 1 back) does with a 3900X / i9 9900K and 2080 TI setup.

I have the NH-U12A on its way to me, along with three NF-A12x25 PWM fans (two bottom intake, one front intake), and my 3900X CPU will be sitting in the Crosshair VIII Impact motherboard, so if you want to send over a 2080 Ti for testing purposes...?!? ;^p

Also I heard it has micro usb c latest rev in the front io to match up with the Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming board which is also DTX.

I don't like that it is SFX PSU only ..I think the top area is wasted with the recess for the handle, not vented or accommodating a fan .. so extra volume like a tophat but no real benefit.

That would be a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (which is not micro USB at all), and the Asus ROG Strix X570-I motherboard is a mITX, the Asus Crosshair VIII Impact motherboard is their mDTX offering...

The Asus ROG Strix X570-I mITX motherboard has a single USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connector on the rear I/O, but it does not have an internal header for the same, so that front panel Type-C connector will not be used by the X570-I...

The top area is about 20mm, just enough room for the retracted handle (so no more ambiguity on overall chassis volume due to protrusions, like a handle) & intended (along with the very slim area behind the motherboard tray) for cable management...

Amen to the 'volume autism', I was once trapped in that mindset, but then I said "fu*k it, I can live with a 22 (not counting the feet) liter chassis"...!

All five fans (two on the tower cooler, one front intake, two bottom intake) will be Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans...!

Last edited:

So say we all, or me anyway.

I followed the SFF scene for a while on reddit, because I had interest in building something smaller, but there the only interest seems to be some kind of record build of the smallest possible case. So giving you a miserable build experience, because there is barely any room, then you end up either needing very low profile CPU cooling, or liquid, and there is usually poor airflow, no dust filtration, and no sound blocking.

So miserably cramped, dusty and loud, but hey at least it's smaller than some others out there...

TU150 is a very nice middle ground. Plus it looks very sharp and has a practical handle that hides nicely. Beautiful little case.

NZXT is better for liquid cooling(Which I don't want), but the TU150 is better for GPU Air cooling.

The problem with air cooling in the standard form factor ITX cases like the NZXT H210, is that the GPU is basically crammed against the PSU shroud choking off it's fresh air supply.

The TU150 OTOH, has two air intakes blowing right on the GPU. Though still not ideal for a monster system, as you don't have enough exhaust options.

Last edited:
NZXT is better for liquid cooling(Which I don't want), but the TU150 is better for GPU Air cooling.
The problem with air cooling in the standard form factor ITX cases like the NZXT H210, is that the GPU is basically crammed against the PSU shroud choking off it's fresh air supply.

It's true that if you use a ATX PS the GPU will be choked but if you use an SFX it opens it up quite a bit; my 2080Ti pre-AIO had similar temps as my friend that has the same card in an open-air case (Thermaltake Core P-something). I switched over because the base EVGA 2-fan cooler sucks for noise.

Got a 3080 recently so thought I'd give an update for anyone interested in this case / card combo. I previously had an EVGA 2070 Super with 2x Corsair LL120 fans in the bottom of the case.

The 3080 XC3 Ultra is a bit taller than the 2070 was. As a result it was extremely close to the bottoms fans - like a piece of notebook paper of space - practically touching. In BFV the card was running around 82C. It seemed a bit high compared to what I was reading for folks with the same card. I ended up grabbing a pair of Noctua NF-A12x15 fans in throwing them in the bottom. Card hasn't gone above 72C since the swap. The extra room to breathing room seems to be helping I guess.

The XC3 and Noctua's are very quiet though - very happy with both the performance and acoustics of both :)

PXL_20201031_143249965.jpg

PXL_20201031_143307266.jpg

I would love to get one of these cases if I can sell my existing system.

Got a 3080 recently so thought I'd give an update for anyone interested in this case / card combo. I previously had an EVGA 2070 Super with 2x Corsair LL120 fans in the bottom of the case.

The 3080 XC3 Ultra is a bit taller than the 2070 was. As a result it was extremely close to the bottoms fans - like a piece of notebook paper of space - practically touching. In BFV the card was running around 82C. It seemed a bit high compared to what I was reading for folks with the same card. I ended up grabbing a pair of Noctua NF-A12x15 fans in throwing them in the bottom. Card hasn't gone above 72C since the swap. The extra room to breathing room seems to be helping I guess.

The XC3 and Noctua's are very quiet though - very happy with both the performance and acoustics of both :)

View attachment 294564

View attachment 294565
How is the cpu temp doing? I am considering this case, but I would really have preferred a mesh intake for that front fan to supply the air to the cpu cooler.

Back