Thoughts on the 2016 Razer Blade?

FRZ

2[H]4U
The product looks really compelling in my opinion. $2000 is pricey but for the specs you get, it actually looks reasonable.

The New Razer Blade - World's Most Advanced Gaming Notebook

Quad core i7 as opposed to the dual core i7's found in most notebooks, PCIe storage as opposed to a normal SSD, and a 970m built in. Screen quality is supposed to be on the high end of ips displays as well. All this in a frame that weighs only 4.25 lbs and is 0.7in thin. I don't want to sound like a razer spokesperson but I believe they have a winner on their hands.

Anyone have experience with previous razer laptops or the new blade stealth? Im curious how it compares to high end lenovos and such in terms of keyboard quality and such. Really considering this to replace my lenovo x1 carbon as it to good to be true :p

Certainly has my interest. I've had a MacBook Pro since 2013, and I'm due to upgrade this year. I'd love to find a laptop that's smaller, as powerful, and lasts nearly as long away from the wall. OSX isn't offering me anything to keep me locked in, but the screen/power/battery/size makes upgrades a little more difficult.

It interests me but I'm waiting to see about compatibility of other brands with the Razer core.
The 970m doesn't really interest me when I have the core.

It interests me but I'm waiting to see about compatibility of other brands with the Razer core.
The 970m doesn't really interest me when I have the core.

Razer has gone on record as saying that the Core should work with any computer (at least, running Windows) that supports Thunderbolt 3. That said, it's $500 by itself ($400 when bought with a Razer laptop) before you get the video card -- you have to be pretty dedicated to portable gaming for this to make sense. The new Blade is for people who just need "good enough" graphics and don't want an external box.

Razer has gone on record as saying that the Core should work with any computer (at least, running Windows) that supports Thunderbolt 3. That said, it's $500 by itself ($400 when bought with a Razer laptop) before you get the video card -- you have to be pretty dedicated to portable gaming for this to make sense. The new Blade is for people who just need "good enough" graphics and don't want an external box.

I am ready to just one one computer.
The $500 price tag doesn't bother me if the experience from lightweight travel to GPU powerhouse is simple enough.

I just bought one, as it ticked the top 3 checkboxes I was looking for in a laptop (really hard to find all 3 of these in a small form factor).

512GB NVMe (I work in the flash business... and despise SATA)
100% sRGB coverage (I do lots of photo editing)
Fast enough GPU to play modern games (970M)

The rest is just kind of a bonus...

At this point, no reason to buy this new unless you're getting a hefty discount. Razer will surely be announcing the new version shortly with a 1070.

Wouldn't be so sure. The 2015 Razer was released in Feb last year, only a couple months after the 970m became available.

Back