thoughts on guild wars BWE...

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
personally, i had a lot of fun. i made it to lion's arch this time:cool: only lvl 10 (11?) but still kicking ass with my Elementalist/Warrior. much fun:p

i'll have some screenshots up later when i get around to converting/uploading/parsing them (tomorrow)

anyone else? and who's got the preorder for the next two?

Is Guild Wars released yet? I read somewhere the release date was Feb 7th but it doesn't seem to be out

The release date is April 28th. There are still two BWE events before it goes live. One the weekend of March 18th and the other the weekend of April 15th. Read the press release here.

As for the BWE, I had a blast. I didn't play nearly as much as the previous two BWE's, but I got a new character up to level 5, getting a chance to play the "before the searing" stuff. I thought it was pretty cool. It gave a little bit of background and let you know some "history" of the gameworld. Some of the interface changes I liked and some I didn't, but it was definitely still fun to play. I preordered 3 months ago and I can't wait until it goes retail! :D

I have two characters now, an ele/wa and a mo/wa. I got so tired of trying to find good monks for our parties that I decided to make one. As soon as I get him up a few levels, he'll be a necessary part of our PvE parties... ;)

yeah finding good monks is pretty hard. it is actually difficult to find a good warrior too... i'm just glad that the henchman warrior on the last mission before lion's arch is lvl10. we tried 2-3 times without a warrior (2 rangers, elementalist, 2 necromancers, 1 monk) and after one ranger left i picked up the warrior... we made it with 7 minutes to spare:p

i may have to start a wa/mo on the next one just so getting a warrior isn't a problem for me and my groups. but we'll see.

i have a bunch of screenshots to sort through, so i'll try and get some up later today. no promises, though.

Yeah, one of the guys that plays in our group is a warrior/elementalist, which seems to be a very nice combination. A tank with the ability to throw firestorm, very handy... ;)

I like playing the monk/warrior. I'm heavy into smite spells though, so hopefully that won't hurt our group too much... :p

OK... screenshot time. 14 images, 1024x768, 2.85mb. i can resize, but i didn't feel like it. be glad they aren't bmp.
here's the basic interface:
gw001.jpg

some battling in snow:
gw003.jpg

attacking some ice golems:
gw007.jpg

gw008.jpg

gw009.jpg

a bug we found - the moster kept falling over after it was dead. it'd fall over, then stand up all of a sudden and fall over again. rather humorous.
gw018.jpg

some more random battling:
gw021.jpg

gw024.jpg

gw025.jpg

gw026.jpg

and now: the crowd at the end of the event.
gw031.jpg

gw038.jpg

gw043.jpg

gw049.jpg

i thought the bwe sucked. i'll be trying the next ones when they happen, but untill the game gets way funner, it's WoW for me.

Back