Thought I got an Amazon Warehouse Deal on an H115i All-in-one

purple_haze

2[H]4U
So I just recently graduated with my Masters of Nursing and I am currently studying for boards for my Family Nurse Practitioner exam. As you all know literally studying by itself and nothing else makes you very bored and irritated. I should have just waited until after I passed boards to do this. but hindsight 50/50. Browing at Micro Center, somehow they had a 3080 ti in stock and at MSRP, and I couldn't contain myself from getting it. Eyeing to the left I saw the stock of the ryzen processors and I figured I might as well build a brand new rig. I had the itch to upgrade my computer and decided to upgrade to Ryzen 5 5600x and Asus x570 motherboard. I figured I would use the leftover parts from my i7 7700k build and use the master cooler ml240. The problem is I couldn't find the brackets for the AM4 and I lost the master cooler box and the accessories. I emailed Coolermaster about buying an AM4 bracket, but it has been a week and they still have responded to my email for ml240 inquiry.

Browsing Slickdeals, I saw that amazon had a 20% off deal on their warehouse items. I usually never buy used items, but their supposed deal on an H115i looked like it was too good to pass up. Retail from the h115i Elite Capellix was over 170 and with the 20% off any everything, it would have been less than 80 dollars. Sometimes I guess when it's too good to be true it ends up being right.

I got a notification from Amazon that my item was delivered and I got a little excited. Coming home I picked up and box and the box felt off as it was pretty light for such a big box. I looked for my pocket knife, but that wasn't even necessary as the original shipper didn't even bother taping it shut. What I found on the box was not even remotely close to an all-in-one radiator let alone an h115 radiator and fan. It was a stock AMD cooler and 2 120mm box fans.

I contacted customer support about this issue and amazon was always good with giving me a refund. They asked me to try and get a replacement and I am crossing my fingers that I get an actual h115i radiator and RGB fans. This is so infuriating and it is literally theft and fraud to whoever did this return to amazon.
IMG-7092.jpg

IMG-7091.jpg

IMG-7093.jpg

Pretty lame, but Amazon still deserves at least some of the blame for not even inspecting the package. They just take whatever someone else returns and turn around and sell it again without even inspecting it?

Also, you said that you bought a H115i but the box says H100i? Surely Amazon at least looked at the outside of the box before they sent it to you?

I was so mad, I didn't even pay attention that it was the wrong model also. Wow, talk about dropping the ball.

Amazon accepted photocopied pictures of NVME SSD's taped to thin sheets of tag board during the Chia buyup phase. Chia was released at the worst time, it ruined SSD consumer trust (ADATA, WD, THEN FUCKING SAMSUNG), fried a bunch of legit used enterprise hardware so only the top few of Chia miners actually made bank. Storage prices will still remain high IMO, because anything unmolested by Chia (with proof) before manufacturers started cheating customers will hold up value just for being a regular used SSD or 8+ TB HD not used for Chia.

Take this amazon warehouse experience of further incoming signs of economic desperation. Good luck with your career in Nursing so you make that $$ so you don't have to find slick ways to get fucked.

Last edited:
That's terrible. I cant believe they never bothered to open the box or even look at the box!
I've bought some high dollar items from the Amazon warehouse and never had an issue (mostly because i have never had an issue returning anything to them).
If you stick to your guns you should get a proper replacement ime. At worst you'll get your money back and the dbag will get his account charged and closed. GL!

Supposedly Amazon workers are worked pretty hard, they must have to sort through a bunch of different return items of all sorts and whatever AIO cooler they put in there "looked like it" and repackaged it. That's why they auction off pallets of Amazon return items in special Auctions. Knowing this, those return pallets are a risky business and you're probably not gonna find anything you hope to find in them.

Last edited:
Back