Those with Quad SLI running, is it stable or buggy for everyday gaming?

Manoj

Gawd
Is Quad SLI stable or buggy for everyday gaming?

What is your opinion?

Is it annoying and is better to wait a month for quad sli driver?

Waiting a month will be pointless if G80 releases in September.

ill be waiting till jan or so before jumping into quad sli i guess .. gonna wait for it to mature a bit

jetjaguar said:
ill be waiting till jan or so before jumping into quad sli i guess .. gonna wait for it to mature a bit

Also this is meant for those who already own quad sli.

Just want to get end user point of view rather than just sitting and reading reviews.

Is Quad SLI very buggy in games?

Rock solid in BF2 , thats all i had time for last night. I really wont get to fully evaluate the cards for a couple of days since its Fathers day weekend. (Busy Retail weekend)

jgdiaz said:

It is a great feeling to have quad sli but it is sad that the only games that really work well with Quad SLI is FEAR and Quake4. I am sure many have already played these 2 games long time ago. Unless of course one plans to play these 2 games just to satisfy the purchase of $1200 Quad SLI cards. What we really need are the Quad SLI drivers which will work with most if not all games we play.

Until late July or early August, it is best to just use one Geforce 7950GX2 and buy the second card at a lower price when the Quad SLI drivers release. May be we can prepare for Conroe. Speaking of which, I may get hold of one soon. :D I have also asked the local Asus distributor to get hold of the Nforce 590 SLI (intel edition) for Conroe and Quad SLI.

Not at all, Bf2 works quite well and it is the multiplayer that i find so addictive.

I dont find it sad at all and I do not feel I have to justify my 1200 investment. I purchased these cards because it was a no brainer ,low cost step up.

If you really need justification then the naitive resolution of my monitor is justification enough.

When the official" drivers are present , I will still be playing BF2 lol

Just my .02

jacuzz1 said:
Not at all, Bf2 works quite well and it is the multiplayer that i find so addictive.

Yeah BF2 is the only game that has held my interest throught he past year or so, most others I seem to play for a few weeks and then quit completely.

jacuzz1 said:
If you really need justification then the naitive resolution of my monitor is justification enough.

"Old" games like BF2 definitely need high resolutions like on the 3007 to take advantage of Quad SLI. It's too bad Oblivion doesn't run well with quad SLI because thats where some GPU power is needed. DId you try running with the new patch as I heard there are SLI enhancements.

I do not play that game. (Oblivion) I do not know why but RPG games just do not do anything for me. I am correct , this is an RPG?

I really have not taken a close look at it

jacuzz1 said:
I do not play that game. (Oblivion) I do not know why but RPG games just do not do anything for me. I am correct , this is an RPG?

I really have not taken a close look at it

Yeah, its an RPG, and I'm like you. I'm all about shooters, simple minded I guess. Did pick up Oblivion and play it from time to time, as far as RPG's its pretty good and looks great, but alas, I'm wating for Prey.

That should look really good on your QUAD-SLI rig if its compatible!

nytrackstar said:
how r the 4 cards noice wise? louder than sli'd 7900gtx?

I've only got one 7950GX2, but its quieter than my 7800 512 GTX cards buy a lot. The 7800's would produce a fair amount of noise when a full speed, I really can't hear the 7950GX2 above my three case fans ever.

Unless your really into the slient PC thing, I doubt noise is going to be an issue.

hrmm... I would love to play Oblivion at 2560x1600 with HDR and AA on at the same time.. gasp.. I have seen enough FEAR for a while.. but Prey is just around the corner.. demo in two days! that should work well with quad being that the doom3 engine seems to play well with it.. whew.

nytrackstar said:
how r the 4 cards noice wise? louder than sli'd 7900gtx?

They are the same, I did not notice any more sound than my old 7900GTX's :D

Yeh same here, my dual 80mm and one 120 cooling fans are louder. I only hear them on occasion

Back