Those of you who game on your notebook

It depends upon which laptop. My Sager has a huge keyboard and I use it while gaming on that laptop. Most of my other laptops - I prefer to use an external keyboard.

Alot of folks use the Belkin Speedpad with their Lappies (I know I did when I used my i8200 for LANs). I only had the n50, but the n52 has more than enough buttons on it for any FPS.

I play mostly Rise of Nations, Command and Conquer Generals, and Warcraft 3 on my notebook. I play them with the builtin notebook and touchpad.

i use the microsoft wireless elite keyboard and mouse that i had with my desktop on my 9300. im so used to the feel of my keyboard and mouse, i have a hard time getting adjusted to the touchpad in games (although im sure i everntually would adapt to it).

When gaming on my XPS Gen 2, the keyboard is fine, but I have to use my Microsoft Notbook mouse. I actually tried using the touchpad once, but that was short lived!

I play CSS and use to play unreal 2k3 on my dell 600m with the built in keyboard. Took some getting use to but it doesn't slow me down anymore.

I find my XPS2's keyboard to be in just the right offset to be uncomfortable, so I use a Logitech wireless elite bluetooth keyboard and MX900 bluetooth mouse.:)

Use Intellimouse but built in keyboard. For some reason I just like the touch and feel of my Toshiba keyboard. Use an external monitor though.

I use my Logitech diNuvo Keyboard, but thats because I have my 9300 hooked up to an external LCDTV. When on the road I use the Laptop keyboard.

I use the built in keyboard on my XPS Gen 2 with an MX900 bluetooth mouse.

I use the keyboard on my Gateway 7422 without any sort of problem, but I did make sure to get an external mouse, the touchpad really doesn't lend itself to gaming.

p[H]ant0m said:
I use the keyboard on my Gateway 7422 without any sort of problem, but I did make sure to get an external mouse, the touchpad really doesn't lend itself to gaming.

Sweet another 7422 user! I use my keyboard and a wired (gasp!) $15 Microsoft mouse. For some reason I like the way those cheap mice feel and wireless mice that are fast enough for gaming are still a tiny bit overpriced IMHO.

BTW p[H]ant0m, do you have a screen flickering problem on your lappy?

brionbastian said:
BTW p[H]ant0m, do you have a screen flickering problem on your lappy?

Nope, other than the cracked hinges problem mine's been just fine. I'm just a little irked that they've got the upgraded version out there with the 3700 and x600 in it. No complaints though thats for sure!

When at home I always use external monitor, keyboard and mouse.

The problem with my laptop is that the wrist rest gets way to hot (especially when you start playing games). It becomes very uncomfortable. Other than that the keyboard is pretty nice.

Overal the trackpoint and touch pad work ok for point click operations but no matter what I still prefer a mouse. You get way more precission with a mouse and it doesn't take much to carry it with you.

Back