those new nVidia SLI bridges & their CS

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
So uhh I bought one of those new sli bridges from the nvidia store and got it 2 days ago. Just received the following email from them:

"Unfortunately, we discovered that we sent you the incorrect 2-way SLI configuration and will be remedying this immediately. Your replacement 2-way SLI bridge will be sent to you shortly. We will provide the tracking info to you in a separate email as soon as your replacement has been sent. Please keep the original product as a token of our apology.

Our customer service team has since fixed this error so that this will not happen in the future.

Thank you for understanding and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Nvidia Customer Care"

I didn't even notice they'd sent me the wrong one until they told me! Anyway, I'm genuinely impressed that they corrected their mistake themselves without any prompt from me - and i don't usually praise companies. Good one & I tip my hat to ya nVidia ^_^

UPDATE: They sent it overnight FedEx - already here!

Last edited:
Those are the new Blingy Bridges with the lights right?

Can you post some pics with your side panel off in a dark room while the bridge is lit when you get the right one and have a chance.

Can you post some pics with your side panel off in a dark room while the bridge is lit when you get the right one and have a chance.

Will do once I get my 980's in. In the meantime, I'll post some pics of it fresh out the box.

I have the last gen ones, they do look cool.

With and without sidepanel.

You can adjust the pulse, strobe or brightness of it too.

Here ya go.

tCcG0dol.jpg

I2sZ6aKl.jpg

PD0lSZol.jpg

LPJ6LuZl.jpg

You're lucky- I got the regular 2-way one in the box and had ordered the spaced one.

The packing slip even said spaced, and I have yet to get confirmation that correct one is being shipped.

Very frustrating from Nvidia, as dealing with customer service was a pain.

So uhh I bought one of those new sli bridges from the nvidia store and got it 2 days ago. Just received the following email from them:

"Unfortunately, we discovered that we sent you the incorrect 2-way SLI configuration and will be remedying this immediately. Your replacement 2-way SLI bridge will be sent to you shortly. We will provide the tracking info to you in a separate email as soon as your replacement has been sent. Please keep the original product as a token of our apology.

Our customer service team has since fixed this error so that this will not happen in the future.

Thank you for understanding and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Nvidia Customer Care"

I didn't even notice they'd sent me the wrong one until they told me! Anyway, I'm genuinely impressed that they corrected their mistake themselves without any prompt from me - and i don't usually praise companies. Good one & I tip my hat to ya nVidia ^_^

Never knew there was an nvidia store :p

Checked out the sli bridges, $9 for standard shipping wtf

Never knew there was an nvidia store :p

Checked out the sli bridges, $9 for standard shipping wtf

Indeed. The bridges themselves are expensive, but, they do look pretty.

Oh cool, didn't even know they made Nvidia logo ones. Not sure if I like the style of it too much though.

Oh I am looking forward to more Mfgs making their own branded ones. Hopefully get em on the cheap!

That said. OP, did you post this on r/pcmr? I spy a brother :D

i've been waiting for these, didn't even know you could get them yet....must order noaw............

and according to their site, they don't make one that will fit my setup....fsck! The spaced 2way bridge shows 2 slots between cards. My rig only has one.... I know EVGA does make one that will fit, but I like the looks of this one better.

i've been waiting for these, didn't even know you could get them yet....must order noaw............

and according to their site, they don't make one that will fit my setup....fsck! The spaced 2way bridge shows 2 slots between cards. My rig only has one.... I know EVGA does make one that will fit, but I like the looks of this one better.

Its one spaced according to the diagram.
The spaced 2way bridge has one card space between. It's the one i ordered. The others are sandwiched setups. If you have one space between your cards, the spaced 2way is the one you want.

The spaced 2way bridge has one card space between. It's the one i ordered. The others are sandwiched setups. If you have one space between your cards, the spaced 2way is the one you want.

The long two way actually won't fit most Z97 boards. If you have two slot cards, it requires two empty PCI slots to work. No idea why they made it like that.

Anyways, they also sent me the wrong bridge, but I had tried to cancel the order so they started an immediate RMA. I ended up giving it to my roommate who has sandwiched cards.

Too bad they started the RMA, because it appears I won't be getting a bonus free bridge! :p

The long two way actually won't fit most Z97 boards. If you have two slot cards, it requires two empty PCI slots to work. No idea why they made it like that.

Anyways, they also sent me the wrong bridge, but I had tried to cancel the order so they started an immediate RMA. I ended up giving it to my roommate who has sandwiched cards.

Too bad they started the RMA, because it appears I won't be getting a bonus free bridge! :p

Ahh.didn't know that. It seems that many people got sent the wrong bridge. Someone is going to get an earful at the warehouse!

Kudos to nVidia for being on the ball, indeed.

Anyone know if the nVidia brand bridge will fit a pair of Asus DirectCU II 780?

Oh cool, didn't even know they made Nvidia logo ones. Not sure if I like the style of it too much though.

I like the design language that matches the reference card themselves. Then again, I also like the EVGA ones too.:D

I have the last gen ones, they do look cool.

With and without sidepanel.

You can adjust the pulse, strobe or brightness of it too.

Whats that sandwiched between your cards near the SLI bridge?

Whats that sandwiched between your cards near the SLI bridge?

Appears to be a Creative Sound Blaster ZxR

EDIT: Yep, look at sig. The sound card is above the GPU, and the middle card is the digital I/O daughter board.

Dammit why didn't I think of running the GPU power like that in my FT2. You are going to make me rewire my case!

Ha, it's the only convenient path I had. Getting behind the mobo tray would've needed extensions! Also I was feeling real lazy that day.

Love this case with blower style GPUs, so cold!

If you don't mind, would you measure the spaced 2way cable when you get it?

Here you go. Hope it helps.

2-way SPACED SLI bridge

My Z97 board has 60mm between SLI bridge connectors when cards are slotted. The cards are plugged 2 slots apart, so after accounting for the size of the reference cooler, there is one empty space between cards.

I think this is common, but NV doesn't seem to make a bridge for this.

Last edited:
Despite what I said earlier, Nvidia sent me the free bridge as well. Despite not being able to use either, it makes the purchase price seem much more reasonable when you get two bridges!

Kudos to Nvidia. Now just make a bridge for most Z97 setups!

Despite what I said earlier, Nvidia sent me the free bridge as well. Despite not being able to use either, it makes the purchase price seem much more reasonable when you get two bridges!

Im hoping it'll fit once my cards come in! If not, i'll sell them on. I have a distinct feeling it might not fit with the spacing between cards on on my motherboard - unless the reference card dimensions somehow change the spacing distance between the sli pins. doh!

I had the exact same experience with Nvidia and now have two bridges that do not fit. I have an ASUS Sabertooth X79.

I recently swapped my dual GTX 680s for one GTX 980, so the bridge isn't needed now.

Just had a look at my existing SLi bridge and no luck - they spacing is off. Back to nVidia they go and . But I have to say, they do look and feel fantastic. Shame really....

Last edited:
Can't understand why the two way space bridge "is so spaced".
I have a single free slot between my two cards, is there an nvidia sli bridge for my configuration?

I have a single free slot between my two cards, is there an nvidia sli bridge for my configuration?

I don't quite understand it either. I just had a look over at the evga forums regarding their 2-way bridge spacing which is 60mm. I may go for that or just forget the whole thing. nvidia's bridges may be for full size motherboards with many pci slots ro something. That, or my motherboard layout is funky.....

Also read this

Last edited:
I don't quite understand it either. I just had a look over at the evga forums regarding their 2-way bridge spacing which is 60mm. I may go for that or just forget the whole thing. nvidia's bridges may be for full size motherboards with many pci slots ro something. That, or my motherboard layout is funky.....

Also read this

two way is very ugly, I prefer the one from EVGA, unfortunantly it has the EVGA logo and not the nvidia one.

I have the same config for my SLI. One single PCI space in between my 970's. Unfortunately, there is no snazzy Nvidia bridge for this. :mad:

2drry94.jpg

I have the same config for my SLI. One single PCI space in between my 970's. Unfortunately, there is no snazzy Nvidia bridge for this. :mad:

If the gap between the sli fingers is 60mm, then the EVGA one will fit. But im guessing thats not what you want.

So yeah. None of these bridges work with a 60 mm gap in between SLI fingers. Essentially, only get these if you plan on running cards in a sandwiched style i.e. directly under each other. Sending them back to nvidia now....disappointed =/

Back