Thorian88 sold me a 1080 gtx Ti and ran with my money

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world doesn't revolve around Heatware. Many veteran members here don't use it.
I only deal with people with established heatware like mine. And knock on wood, 10 years of trading here and never had a single issue. I’ve also refused to deal with anyone with little or no heatware.

I only deal with people with established heatware like mine. And knock on wood, 10 years of trading here and never had a single issue. I’ve also refused to deal with anyone with little or no heatware.

Same here. I never buy from low heatware but will sell if they agree to F&F. Probably still risky for me though...

liverpool4ever messaged me about the seller, "Took $250 and vanished"

So seems like a serial offender.

upload_2019-9-7_13-38-3.png

lol liverpool with his brand new account and 14 posts.....I be very wary to even sell to an account like that. Id have to see some heatware in his case lol;)

Interesting to characterize the situation as someone got "screwed over". OP says he received a refund of his money, so he lost no money in the end, only 2 weeks of time. I would describe the entire episode as a significant incovenience at the worst.

Question: did Thorian88 require the payment by F&F? No. He allowed a normal G&S payment. Was Thorian88's intent to cheat or defraud anyone? He hasn't responded or spoken for himself, so I don't think we can make a certain judgement with the facts at hand. The seller has not logged in since August 23rd. For all we know, he could have gotten in a serious accident and be lying in the hospital in a coma right now.

I think there's not enough information here to make a binding judgement. It's very odd for someone to take a G&S payment, then never ship and never respond, if their intent was to defraud someone. I'm glad OP got his money refunded, but I'm not judging the guy without more information.

I don't care what his deal is. Dude did not follow thru with the sale and disappeared. That the buyer's money was returned was thru no effort on the seller but from PP protection.

Not sure why anyone would say heat isn't important. It's the most important part of this subforum imo. There's no way I'm doing a f&f payment if you don't have good heat. If you have little or no heat chances are very high I'm not going to do any kind of transaction for a significant amount of money.

Not sure why anyone would say heat isn't important. It's the most important part of this subforum imo. There's no way I'm doing a f&f payment if you don't have good heat. If you have little or no heat chances are very high I'm not going to do any kind of transaction for a significant amount of money.

totally agree

Agreed.

Just wanted to add: If the purpose of using F&F is to skirt fees, then I'd simply offer to cover the fees and retain buyer protection. If the purpose of using F&F is to cripple Paypal's buyer protection, then 'homie don't play that game.'

My heat is old, but still good.

Now.... buy my stuff!!

(I won't run. I think I only have one good run left. And I'm saving it.)

Even with godlike heatware, I still won't do F&F, unless we meet up in person and I give you cash.

It's like wearing a condom, don't know till you finally catch one!

;)

I just want to say that we take fraud in the FS/FT forum very seriously. If you're not getting an immediate response from us, hit the report button or PM any one of us. It lets us know right away that there's a problem.

And yeah....Heatware matters.

When someone wants F&F I normally just pony up the difference if it’s such a good deal.

Certain licenses I don’t care about and if it’s under $20 I figure with heat they won’t cheat you.

Glad the mods are keeping the FS/FT clean

Wile I hate scammers just as much as the next guy, and from reading this thread it looks like the guy vanished after the sale?
I would not sit back and let my money be lost, I would however stay clear of calling a seller a scammer or troll in a case like this. For all we know she could be held up in a hospital and can't do anything about it or something.
I been there before. I bought something and never got and never heard from the seller only to find out 2 mounts latter he got in a car wreak. I repayed them and got what I bought in the first place.

Now i'm not saying that this is the case here, Id just stay clear of calling the guy a scammer or fraud without his side of things.

Wile I hate scammers just as much as the next guy, and from reading this thread it looks like the guy vanished after the sale?
I would not sit back and let my money be lost, I would however stay clear of calling a seller a scammer or troll in a case like this. For all we know she could be held up in a hospital and can't do anything about it or something.
I been there before. I bought something and never got and never heard from the seller only to find out 2 mounts latter he got in a car wreak. I repayed them and got what I bought in the first place.

Now i'm not saying that this is the case here, Id just stay clear of calling the guy a scammer or fraud without his side of things.
the chances of him not being a scamming troll is next to nothing in my book. Why? Because of the perfect timing and the world is full of terrible people who couldn't care less

the chances of him not being a scamming troll is next to nothing in my book. Why? Because of the perfect timing and the world is full of terrible people who couldn't care less
If you were layed up in a hospital you'd probably care.
Now I'm not defending the seller. Everything stated here makes him look like a scammer. But we only have one side of the story.

Last edited:
If you were layed up in a hospital you'd probably care.
Now I'm not defending the seller. Everything stated here makes him look like a scammer. But we only have one side of the story.

I would have supported your view but the fact that he logged in multiple times after the transaction and disappeared four days later is what makes the situation suspicious.

He chose to ignore the messages left on his main thread as well as private messages that he failed to respond to all the while browsing around the forums. I am not sure what else would look more suspicious.

Behaviour like that is often due to hard drug use or severely stressful personal situations. Seen it change nice people to assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back