This Witcher 3 mod raises the graphics to a new level of realism

So, is this mod a work in progress or is it considered mostly finished? Just curious.
Ongoing re-work for a lot of the vanilla textures. It was playable a few years (months?) ago, and has gotten better akin to the TESV HDTP.

Oh, i turned off Hairworks because it looks absolutely awful and tanked the framerate. I don't like settings that simultaneously make the game LOOK WORSE and also perform worse.
The lack of shadowing on hairworks was just fucking jarring.

Everything else is on ultra, (turned off Chromatic Aberration and vignette because, yet again, i hate them) and some settings are even higher than ultra thanks to .ini tweaks.

Thanks. Those settings get me pretty close to consistent 60 fps, with some dips down into the 50s. At least in my brief test. I would agree on the hairworks, doesn't look any better and seems to cost ~5-6 frames.

Going to install this mod tonight so I'll see where I end up.

So, is this mod a work in progress or is it considered mostly finished? Just curious.

Check the page, I used it a few months ago and seems fairly comprehensive.

Because my opinion is fact. I mean I dislike geralt - that's a fact. The game would be better for me without him - fact. I don't know what do you expect.

I played the Witcher1-2 a very long time ago soon after they were released, so no it is not their age. The only game I put off playing was the third.

I hated every moment of combat in Witcher 2 and 3, I loved every moment of it in AC:Odyssey. If they really copied it from witcher they did a damned good job of it :D
As opposed to people who like it so much that they have to let everyone know in every witcher thread. It can certainly take the criticism, the fans not so much.
Me disliking Geralt and judging the game's mechanics to be mediocre is not denying your experience. I can judge the mechanics of the game objectively exactly because I'm not invested in the story.

You commenting shows you are the one with the problem, I mean this thread is just about an HD texture pack and here you are. Your fact is just an opinion.

As for objectively judging when you dislike the character from the get go is laughable at best. I get it, we all do, you don't like the game. No one said you have to like the game, but you have a chip on your shoulder for this game.

Yes AC copied Witcher 3, that is fact.

As for me, being a 'fan' and unable to judge the mechanics, I did not get into witcher 1 or 2, tried but couldn't be bothered to put more than a few hours into each. As for Witcher 3, it wasn't the story or characters that got me, it was the QOL improvements and the gameplay mechanics, I love roaming the country side as a errant Witcher hunting monsters, dueling them, and returning victorious. Witcher 3 stands as one of the few games I completioned.

Last edited:
Back