This Was A MASSIVE Mistake - I Broke A $1000 Motherboard

As someone who does this a fair bit the damage wasn't bad at all. But I agree with Frgmstr that x399 is a pita due to the amount of pins. Honestly I don't like working on X99 or x299 either. Recommend a nice set of tweezers if you're going to attempt it.

So the pins on threadripper is obviously more than twice as many compared to whats on the bottom of ryzen cpus...but there also like way more fragile! At least the ones on the ryzen cpu dont appear to bend from light touches...but even then i was not wanting to touch them. From what you guys say im sorta glad i dont have to deal with threadripper pins lol. Id hate to see someone spill paste in one of those sockets :eek:

Someone obviously didn't watch and read the extensive testing Kyle and company did on the Threadripper platform when it first came out :cool:

LOL so I am an idiot. The reason the computer wouldn't boot is because I thought that the 2600X had onboard GPU. It doesn't. :banghead: I derped bad there. I exchanged it for a 3200G. All is good now.

Back