This Robot Does All the Cooking For You

HAL_404

[H]ard|Gawd
"Buzz60’s Elizabeth Keatinge tells us about the world’s first robot kitchen"

reminds me of the Jetsons

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peo...ll-the-cooking-for-you/vi-AANczLm?ocid=msnews

Image2.jpg

My back is so-o-o out right now--where can I get one of these things! Wonder if Medicare will pay for it? Prolly have to wait until they come down in price a bit.

Cooking is fun, no reason to have a robot do it

It's not fun when:
  • You're shit at it.
  • Nobody's there to teach you since it's lockdown.
  • You've never really cooked seriously so your pantry is barren.
  • Almost all the YouTube recipes online list crazy/weird ingredients you don't know how to substitute, thus you gotta purchase.
At some point most people would just say fuck it and order take out. :(

I agree cooking is fun, but not when you've never done it seriously before.

It's not fun when:
  • You're shit at it.
  • Almost all the YouTube recipes online list crazy/weird ingredients you don't know how to substitute, thus you gotta purchase.

Nobody to teach you?

There's freaken YouTube!!! You can learn how to do anything you want there providing you find a reliable source. If all else fails use a cook book! Cooking is a nessesity not a luxury, learn the basics.

Speaking of lazy...

It's not fun when:
  • You're shit at it.

It doesn't take making anything elaborate to enjoy it. I mostly eat fish, chicken, spinach, and beans. But I enjoy cooking it.

Nobody to teach you?

There's freaken YouTube!!! You can learn how to do anything you want there providing you find a reliable source. If all else fails use a cook book! Cooking is a nessesity not a luxury, learn the basics.

Speaking of lazy...

I'd say cooking for taste is a luxury. You need time and money to invest into that, plus the learning curve is quite steep. I do agree it's rewarding, and the benefits compound very quickly.

It doesn't take making anything elaborate to enjoy it. I mostly eat fish, chicken, spinach, and beans. But I enjoy cooking it.

I do enjoy cooking cause I enjoy fine food, which is great now that all restaurants are closed here and there's social distancing. But that doesn't mean everyone else enjoy the learning curve.

Are people really getting so lazy they need a robot to cook for them now?
The target market is probably the same that currently pay cook (event or all year around personnel chef, restaurant ,etc..), could be laziness but could also be having more time for work and do something else if you are not a big fan of cooking.

I would assume most people that amass the money to buy this, are not the lazy kind.

I would totally get a cooking robot. I hate everything about food. Buying food, kitchen space,preparing, eating, cleaning up... Better yet, can I just get a pill to replace all that?

If you go to the spectacle side of things like youtube, but if you google something recipe it often will look like this:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/83557/juicy-roasted-chicken/
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
  • ½ cup margarine, divided
  • 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
https://www.recipetineats.com/spaghetti-bolognese/
What-goes-in-Spaghetti-Bolognese.jpg

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23584914/perfect-roast-beef-recipe/
thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/lasagna_bolognese/

etc...

On a BBQ you can go pretty much with just salt&pepper for everything.

Cooking is a nessesity not a luxury,
Not in the 2000s in many country past a certain income depending on the kids situation (and in the USA, from what I have read made for you food is so cheap that it is probably an option for a large portion of the population)

Let's see that robot perform in Hell's Kitchen. :D

I do all my own cooking. Don't need that contraption to do it for me.

It's not fun when:
  • You're shit at it.

Try this site which finds recipes for ingredients that you already have. And there are other sites like it.

https://myfridgefood.com/

Give it about 5-20 years, and this robot chef will know what to do with whatever the grocery shopping robot brings home for you. :)

I like the phrase "To bake a cake from scratch, you must first create a universe."

So where do we draw the line of 'too lazy to do that'? I mean i'm not gonna raise and butcher cows to make a steak on that wood fire from the tree i chopped down last year etc etc.

Cooking for me is a chore, so having something to do that for me as opposed to eating crappy preserved frozen meals or ordering delivery (which loses the fresh tastes), this is kinda cool. Not gonna be able to afford it but still.

The kinds of meals I cook take maybe 3-5 min more than heating up frozen food. They are much tastier and more healthy. Which frees me up to eat as much ice cream as I like bc the rest of my diet is healthy.

Supreme hardness indeed 👍
Its a shit ton of work. XD

But yea, we buy (most) our meats from the local farm. Fill up the freezers. Haven't been hunting for too long. Only a couple years. I always tag out on turkeys. No luck on deer or bear though.

Firewood sucks. I'll do it for as long as I can, but a pellet stove will be a welcome addition.

There's always something that needs to be done, but I always set time aside for a quality meal. I can't do rozen food from a box. canned goods is as far as I can go. Average meal takes me about 15m to prep for us. Its not bad once you get the hang of it.

I just had to chuckle, because you made that statement and I'm like, hey, I do pretty much exactly that. XD
That is so cool though. Thank you for sharing!!

I feel ya on the wood. Not as much as you but got a wood stove in the basement (which i did learn to cook on during lockdown and a power outtage haha) and fireplace.

Try this site which finds recipes for ingredients that you already have. And there are other sites like it.

https://myfridgefood.com/

Give it about 5-20 years, and this robot chef will know what to do with whatever the grocery shopping robot brings home for you. :)
nice, just gave it a whirl ... gonna try the CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES

nice, just gave it a whirl ... gonna try the CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES

Put a dash of habanero sauce in there...I like things a touch spicy and advocate for everyone to try things not normally thought of to be amped up a smidge.

Put a dash of habanero sauce in there...I like things a touch spicy and advocate for everyone to try things not normally thought of to be amped up a smidge.

I dun know, that's some really hot stuff you mentioned there. I draw the line after Hatch Green Chile

Nice try, Skynet.

Don't you mean "Skychef"?

"Come with me if you want to eat."

"My mission is to feed you."
"Who sent you?"
"You did...thirty-five years from now, you reprogrammed me to be your nourisher here, in this time."

"We're not going to bake it, are we? Dinner, I mean."
"It's in your nature to gorge yourselves."

"You know what you're doing?"
"I have detailed files on human digestion."
"Makes you a more efficient cuisinier, right?"
"Correct."

As someone who lives alone and does physical labor at work I would definetly like to have a robot that does cooking for me. Except for grilling/barbequing meat I dislike cooking myself, I do not have the patience for it especially when I am tired after work, so often the quick meals I make have only one purpose: provide me calories to survive to the next day and taste is entirely secondary. If its good, great! If not, well too bad because you just a made a week worth of it and have to eat it every day after work microwave heated until the next weekend comes. Keeps me alive but not exactly fullfilling, hell I might as well be eating futuristic scifi food pills if they existed in real life...

Back