This mining craze has produced insane trades!

I had an RX 480 4GB card in my VR machine until this past weekend when I sold it for $350 on ebay. That's nuts considering I only paid $130 after rebate from Newegg in December. I, in turn, picked up an EVGA 980 TI SC (with 1 1/2 yr warranty left) or $311. A bit higher than some have gone on here, but I needed a card quick and for eBay prices that is cheap. Doesn't really matter, what I see is that I just got a 980 TI for $130. lol

VR is much better now, and I didn't have to spend money. Win Win!

Should've got a xouple 1080 tis instead. Surely there's someone out there who would trade those for a rx480.

On another note, I sold an r9 290 for $310 two days ago.

Relief on the way for gamers? I dun know; will miner's buy a graphics card that has no video output? Seems to me it would kill resale value once the mining crazy ends but they would buy if these cards produce more than gaming cards.
ASUS and Sapphire write up about dedicated mining cards can be read HERE

I'm patiently waiting for the resale's on ebay a few months from now, might get an EVGA GTX 1070 for less than $300 ? And once the 20 series comes out, folks will be dumping the 10 series especially if the mining craze has ended by then

Someone bid $470 on a 580 I got, but then the address was a freight forwarding company of known scammers(USA2GEORGIA). Tempted to send an empty box and just screw with them.

I would say the sales avg. Price of all gpus have increased including the high-end. Deals are scarce and not as deep as one should expect at this stage of the current generation.

Any reason I -SHOULDN'T- sell my RX480 at this point???

I'm mostly gaming on my laptop right now b/c my desktop is in dire need of a refresh minus the 480....had planned to upgrade around that but I can pretty much get a 1080 for the price 480s are going for....

I'm mostly gaming on my laptop right now b/c my desktop is in dire need of a refresh minus the 480....had planned to upgrade around that but I can pretty much get a 1080 for the price 480s are going for....

Dump it. Dump it now, take advantage of miners and get that free upgrade.

Relief on the way for gamers? I dun know; will miner's buy a graphics card that has no video output? Seems to me it would kill resale value once the mining crazy ends but they would buy if these cards produce more than gaming cards.
ASUS and Sapphire write up about dedicated mining cards can be read HERE

I'm patiently waiting for the resale's on ebay a few months from now, might get an EVGA GTX 1070 for less than $300 ? And once the 20 series comes out, folks will be dumping the 10 series especially if the mining craze has ended by then

the AMD "mining" cards will prove very fascinating in the next couple of months.. considering AMD is much more flexible with Crossfire (over PCIe).. no need to have display output at all and can mix/match within same family..

I have an R9 270 2GB in my old system. I offered it to someone for $70 shipped 3 months ago... I wonder how much itll go for these days! If it's 200+ im going to trade up to a 1080 just for the heck of it, since those apparantly suck for mining so i hopefully would be able to get one without paying rapesauce prices.

Edit: Nvm, they are going for ~100 shipped.

Just sold one of my fury x for $450. Bought almost 2 years ago for $550 each. Gonna sell the other one and keep the money for vega. Hopefully theres a preorder we can get in on so we have a chance against miners.

I haven't bought any consoles since ps3. Just got a ps4 pro recently so ill let that and my un55ks8000 hold me over till vega gets here.

Careful with that. Mining is 100% GPU 24/7. Even the new mining oriented Radeon cards coming out only have a 3 month warranty because they know the GPUs will be tortured. I expect once this craze is over to see a ton of cards dumped on eBay and go for pretty cheap, but I would avoid them for now unless it's a steal.

SELL! I talked my coworker into selling his 2 RX 470 8GB cards, and they sold within a day for 715$. If you want a better card (either coming up vega or current higher end Nvidia) then I would dump it. You'll regret it later if you don't.

Makes me wonder what I could get for my 960 hahaha

The same amount you'd be able to get if there wasn't a mining craze, or probably even less since there is less attention focused on that level of card. Not all cards have gone up in value, just the ones that can mine well or reasonably well, and to an extent, higher end cards that non-miners are buying as replacements to the cards they just sold. 960 doesn't fit into either category.

The same amount you'd be able to get if there wasn't a mining craze, or probably even less since there is less attention focused on that level of card. Not all cards have gone up in value, just the ones that can mine well or reasonably well, and to an extent, higher end cards that non-miners are buying as replacements to the cards they just sold. 960 doesn't fit into either category.

So lame! :(

If you can wait prices will drop like a rock when the crazy is over.

Does eth half like bitcoin used to?

Makes me wonder what I could get for my 960 hahaha

I could probably get more than what I paid for my GTX960 FTW. I paid $65 for mine from Amazon last October.

I am guessing the 6950 and 5850 cards are too old to be effective for mining.

I could probably get more than what I paid for my GTX960 FTW. I paid $65 for mine from Amazon last October.

I am guessing the 6950 and 5850 cards are too old to be effective for mining.

What do you think you could get and where? Trying to sell mine and upgrade.

What do you think you could get and where? Trying to sell mine and upgrade.
960 is probably only worth $100 or so.....
sell if it locally if you can, saves on fees and headaches.

I went to my local MicroCenter last night. Surprisingly, there was a few 1060s on the shelf. Almost all are limit 1 or 2 per household.

This made me laugh a lot. I bought myself an AORUS GTX1080Ti. Time to offload my G1 Gaming 970s :)
shqk7ga.jpg

I went to my local MicroCenter last night. Surprisingly, there was a few 1060s on the shelf. Almost all are limit 1 or 2 per household.

This made me laugh a lot. I bought myself an AORUS GTX1080Ti. Time to offload my G1 Gaming 970s :)
shqk7ga.jpg

Crazy not only 10K ea for 3+ but also states limit 2 at the bottom left! haha

I have an R9 270 2GB in my old system. I offered it to someone for $70 shipped 3 months ago... I wonder how much itll go for these days! If it's 200+ im going to trade up to a 1080 just for the heck of it, since those apparantly suck for mining so i hopefully would be able to get one without paying rapesauce prices.

Edit: Nvm, they are going for ~100 shipped.
2GB cards are worthless to miners. Also just sold a boatload of R9 270/X and 7870s for an average of ~$80 a piece.

Now >= 3GB cards like the 7950/7970/R9 280/X are different matter altogether.
Sold a bunch of them for ~$150 a piece :eek:

Did you sell em here or feebay?
FeeBay. A lot easier than PMing / texting people back and forth on the forums/CL.
I always do BuyItNow only, so just set a price, sit back, print a shipping label when notified and done.

Last edited:
Back