This may be a problem for the records:

Samury

Limp Gawd
I received a Viewsonic CD3225 for X-mas and it's behaving oddly on my computer - specs in the sig. When I use Firefox 8.0.1 pages do not display as they should. On some pages, chat or simply links are cut off, such as on SI.com. On CNN.com, for instance, my login info is removed from the right side of the window and placed at the bottom, and "Sports" is moved to the left side as if the menu line had an Enter command placed before it. When I use Chrome, however, there are no such problems. Also, when I used the monitor with my old comp and it's 4870 X2 card there are no problems, nor were there any on my dad's comp with an older Nvidia card.

Is this a cry to reinstall the Nvidia drivers, or is the monitor unable to handle SLI? I had no trouble using this very SLI package with an older Samsung 1200p monitor, yet now there's a problem. Any ideas before I send the Viewsonic back to Amazon and return to my older model?

Your monitor has nothing to do with where web elements are placed on a website being rendered by a web-browser. You have some other issue going on -- also, your monitor has nothing to do with SLI operation.

Your monitor is fine -- perhaps the different resolution is causing things to be rendered differently by the web browser.

Take a screen shot so we can see. Like linuxdude9 said though, this is not an issue with your monitor.

It sounds like you're running an odd resolution. What is the native resolution of your monitor?

Native res is 1080P, which I'm running. And I only mention the SLI part because on two other monitors at the same res it appears as I expect. It's only with this combo of monitor and cards that things are different - also these cards and my old monitor displayed pages the same as other comps do with this monitor, and Chrome does with the cards and this monitor.

It truly is a head scratcher.

Just plugged my old Samsung 24" 1200p monitor in and Firefox is back to working properly. So it must have something to do with the interaction of the comp and the Viewsonic monitor, even though the resolution was reset for it.

Weird.

Back