this is ridiculous

With a user name like p.i.m.p I figured you'd be used to stylish excess ;)

I'm a fan of the Murderbox. The craftsmanship is amazing, and I love the look they've gone for. Whether or not that's worth $1200... well... that's up to the buyer. For that money, I'd rather get a CaseLabs case and some watercooling gear, but that's just me.

I wish they made another version of this case, with just the outside stylings, and not the inside bits, and bring it down to $600 *wishful thinking*

if i was going to pay anywhere near this much for a case it would be to get a Windy or Abee case imported from Japan.

or you spend it on a plane ticket to Japan to meet Japanese women :D...oh wait I mean buy my own abee or windy case and bring it back with me.... the wife probably wouldn't be pleased if i met Japanese women.

anyways .. that case don't do nothing for me personally ... but neither does the Silverstone it is based on.

I think the title needs to be changed to "this is awesome"

Quite frankly, this case is not made for someone who only wants to spend sub $300 on a case. If you are one of those people, please don't insult the price or comment. This is a niche product for a niche market. Personally, if i had the $1200 available, id buy one tomorrow.

I love the fact that for the price, they include a slim-line optical drive, yet it is only a DVD not BR:rolleyes:..Then there is the fact that top fan mount and twin fans aren't included in the low base price, you only have to add in an extra $150...:eek:

While I think it is a very nice looking case, if they were to include a Slim-line BR (RW if possible), and include the top mount/fans, and price it around $650, I'd spring for one if I had the money..The excellent WC support the base TJ-07 supplies would easily let this case last for quite a few builds..

I think the title needs to be changed to "this is awesome"

Quite frankly, this case is not made for someone who only wants to spend sub $300 on a case. If you are one of those people, please don't insult the price or comment. This is a niche product for a niche market. Personally, if i had the $1200 available, id buy one tomorrow.

No no, I think the title is pretty much spot on. It is awesome, but also ridiculous.

Even for someone willing to dish out more than $300 on a case, $1200 is just silly in my opinion. Especially considering that's the base price. All those extras are also way overpriced for what they are. And some really are necessary to have decent airflow through the case.

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome. If I won the lotto tomorrow, I'd by it the next day. But even for the market they're after, I think that price is high.

No no, I think the title is pretty much spot on. It is awesome, but also ridiculous.

Even for someone willing to dish out more than $300 on a case, $1200 is just silly in my opinion. Especially considering that's the base price. All those extras are also way overpriced for what they are. And some really are necessary to have decent airflow through the case.

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome. If I won the lotto tomorrow, I'd by it the next day. But even for the market they're after, I think that price is high.

They really aren't overpriced for what they are though. If you want to add your own fans to the top mount you can do that pretty easily. However, what you are buying for 150$ is two fans ($40), a special grill($20), and the work required to mod the fans to remove the casing and integrate the blade and motor into the mounting in such a way to make them "floating" that labor is not free and the time it takes to do that can easily raise the price to 150$. If this were a mass produced case they could certainly bring the price down on many things, it isn't though. This is a limited run in small quantities where you lose economies of scale.

This case really isn't for anyone in the same way that LN2 cooling isn't for everyone. It is meticulously designed for minimalistic aesthetics, not for mass market appeal.

I'm not going to pay $1200 for it, but I at least recognize it for what it is and not try to make it into something it isn't.

Don't buy it.
There. Not ridiculous.

It's not meant for me or my price range but if people want to pay it, more power to them. It's a nice case. Is it $1200 nice? That's in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't pay $1200 for a case, but there's been a few times where I've went over $200 and I didn't think I'd ever do that either.

In the end, it's still a box that houses all your computer shit as opposed to putting it on top of a pizza box. But hey, if people want to spend that money on it...so be it.

This case was designed for people that have an unlimited supply of money... It is a insanely bad ass case, but 1200???? Anyone could build at great gaming rig just for that cost.

it's like a 300 dollar case and they want you to spend 900 dollars for the mods. The mods themselves are nice but not impressive and doesn't justify placing the extra 900 dollars on the price tag. They probably are making a limited batch of these which while make it "limited" edition doesn't make it unique as "one of it's kind" which can be had with true modding.

for anyone who has the money for this kinda thing, it would just be better to hire someone to create a "one of a kind" modded pc case that'll probably come with more things to offer than this.

It's not just a case that you're spending the money on. Trying to justify it in terms of features and specs is the completely wrong way in going about it. It's a piece of handcrafted art that you are buying. Don't get me wrong, even if money was no object, I wouldn't buy it myself.

It's not just a case that you're spending the money on. Trying to justify it in terms of features and specs is the completely wrong way in going about it. It's a piece of handcrafted art that you are buying. Don't get me wrong, even if money was no object, I wouldn't buy it myself.

This.

as much as i find computer cases a work of art, looking at it as a "handcrafted art" i still can't except that price tag. Because even with art you look at something and you ask yourself "what makes this stand out more than the rest", in the end it's just another Silverstone TJ07 that was modded and slapped together to look pretty. If it was built from ground up and designed in such a way that said "buy-me" then maybe. I mean if we look back at the thermaltake level 10 it was built from ground up and had a neat modular department build going on, the price tag is even lower than this (now and launch date).

as much as i find computer cases a work of art, looking at it as a "handcrafted art" i still can't except that price tag. Because even with art you look at something and you ask yourself "what makes this stand out more than the rest", in the end it's just another Silverstone TJ07 that was modded and slapped together to look pretty. If it was built from ground up and designed in such a way that said "buy-me" then maybe. I mean if we look back at the thermaltake level 10 it was built from ground up and had a neat modular department build going on, the price tag is even lower than this (now and launch date).
This. There is nothing particularly unique or awesome about this case that justifies a $1200 price tag in my book. Honestly, for $1200 I could build something better (not that I have the time).

It is obviously not designed or intended for you. You cannot grasp the intricacies of the design or appreciate the engineering decisions that went into it. You don't notice the attention paid to precision details like every piece mounting together perfectly flush. Precision costs money, and it is obvious that is something that you cannot appreciate.

You have also not taken any effort into actually looking up the case itself, the only thing it shares in common with the TJ07 is the extruded exterior shell. Everything else internal to the case is unique and custom designed and manufactured. Hell, even the shell has been modified and customized.

If there are people who buy this, then some will buy that.

Its definitely not for everyone, but its a nice toy none the less.

It is obviously not designed or intended for you. You cannot grasp the intricacies of the design or appreciate the engineering decisions that went into it. You don't notice the attention paid to precision details like every piece mounting together perfectly flush. Precision costs money, and it is obvious that is something that you cannot appreciate.
Every $30 case mounts perfectly flush as well. That's nothing to be excited about unless you drink too much of the marketing kool aid.

I wont even buy it if im a billionaire. 1.2k for a case? Its just stupid. Spending 300k on an aventador seems like a better idea.

To each their own. If someone can afford it, and values it to be worth $1200, then who cares?

+1, just think of the thousands of paintings of questionable artistic value that are sold for the same or higher price sold throughout the world. At least this is functional.

I think it is a lovely design, incorporating many unique features.

That said, depending on your level of technical interest and ability you could use the funds to make (or commission someone else to make) your own custom case for even more uniqueness. However, there are some very labor intensive modifications and parts involved in this particular case. You better be pretty damn capable if you think you can do better!

Purely on a personal note, I'd want to do a 90deg rotated design with a hinged cover over the I/O panel on top of the case. I'd also want all my drives on a panel parallel and behind the mobo, with the mobo panel able to slide out so I could access the mounting screws on both it and the drives easily. The case would be a bit wider than usual, but very compact from front to back because there would be no drive bays at all.

No ventilation on the front, 3 x140mm intakes all on the bottom and one on the back for the PSU. Angled top cover panel with a second 140mm exhaust fan on the back that accelerated the warm air already exhausted by the fan above the CPU, the air from the vented expansion slots, rear-exhausting GPUs and the PSU. I'd also use a vertical slot-loading Blu-Ray drive up top behind a row of typical USB & audio ports. Alternately, I could just use a external optical drive to simplify the front edge of the top.

With no front fans and a rear-facing angled top cover exhaust fan it should be reasonably quiet and have positive pressure. It wouldn't need L/C to deal with a couple GTX680s and a moderate O/C on the CPU. You could always run an All-In-One LC cooler like a Corsair H60 or H80 on the top exhaust that is under the I/O cover. It's just an idea I've had rattling around - Silverstone concepts executed in a Cubitek style, basically.

Last edited:
Thread revival!

I have a Murderbox MKII on pre-order and will be building mine and a friends out who is also ordering one. Will post pics but it will be down the road :)

Thread revival!

I have a Murderbox MKII on pre-order and will be building mine and a friends out who is also ordering one. Will post pics but it will be down the road :)

Please make sure you live up to your promise...This thread's revival made me take a second look at it, and I do appreciate the amount of work that went into this...I just can't appreciate for $1200..I still think they could sell 3-5X as many if they mass produce it @ $650..

Please make sure you live up to your promise...This thread's revival made me take a second look at it, and I do appreciate the amount of work that went into this...I just can't appreciate for $1200..I still think they could sell 3-5X as many if they mass produce it @ $650..

Dude, at leat 6-7X if they sold it at $533.87.

Back