This is new. Ordered from FrozenCPU and received these.

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
Branded gummy fruit snacks.

IDmgtWYl.jpg

They're actually good too :D

Watch them be the sugar free kind with the sugar alcohols in them. Let us know how your stomach feels in an hour bro.

They're made in Germany apparently, the ingredients are in German. No idea what's in them. It's just 5-6 per bag, doubt it's gonna be a problem.

Nah, these are 50% regular sugar (and not that high fructose corn syrup crap) and 50% harmless filler. Much healthier than any American candy.

dude, i had those sugar free kind when i was working at a bookstore, holy gas batman. not farting gas but stomach made weird noises... so embarrassing

FWIW, the sugar free stuff that Katjes (one of the German popular makers) had marketed in the 1990s has been outlawed over there. I highly doubt that we are looking at sugar free here.

Post pic for translation?

I would think that "Glukosesirup" = glucose syrup... as in... probably not much fructose in that.

If anything, the Zucker and Fruchtsaft (fruit juice) might have fructose. This isn't necessarily a problem... I eat fruits...fructose. Eating a lot of fructose may be a quick way to raise blood lipids, but by the same token, eating the right amount of it is helpful to create a good metabolic rate (as opposed to say, eating just glucose / starch).

If you're worried about the source of the fructose...eh... well I generally don't eat junk, so I avoid that issue for the most part. When I do eat it, it's so infrequently that I don't care.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glukosesirup - this page seems to indicate that the 1st ingredient is 5% fructose. I think this product is not laden with the cheaper HFCS to the degree that American products generally are.

In any case...I do like gummy snacks (and I did like Haribo gummies, though they are a bit tough)...I probably would eat a bag of that (or at most a dozen bears) a day. I love gelatin.

As for "sugar free" candy. I think xylitol candy is one of the best things for dental health. It will deliver xylitol and stimulate saliva production. It'd be nice if they could add a bit of calcium phospate in there for added remineralization.

Aquatuning also does this. Looks like the exact same kind of gummy bears (German made) with a different branding.

Melt them and put them in your WC loop for an even sweeter cooling effect.

Woah. Don't eat that. The ingredient list is exactly what American gummi candy would look like. Guklosesirup == high fructose corn syrup. Zucker == sugar but that doesn't make it any better.

That must be either extremely cheap or made for the American market.

What exactly would you expect gummi bears to be made of? Sunshine and unicorn farts? Of course they're going to be mostly sugar and corn syrup.

What exactly would you expect gummi bears to be made of? Sunshine and unicorn farts? Of course they're going to be mostly sugar and corn syrup.

You could just say sugar...because that is what HFCS is, a kind of sugar.

In general, the higher quality Germany candy has much higher rates of cane sugar than corn derivatives compared to US candy.

The percentage of (any) sugar in such Germany candy is also much lower. There's more assorted fillers. In general the percentage of sugar in typical US gummy candy and what they call licorice here (hah!) tends to be up to 60% ish, while German candy made for Germans tends to be 45% ish. It's not quite that easy to verify since the laws about ingredients lists are different.

However, the particular product here, and the Haribo stuff sold in the U.S. seems to be mixed to US tastes. This isn't to say that they wouldn't sell this in Germany, too, but the point is you can get better candy in Germany and I was hoping they would send the good stuff with these orders.

Or in other words, I'm just ranting about US food.

high fructose corn syrup is worse for you than white table sugar because it's more refined-also because it is created using a labratory modified enzyme. nasty stuff consumed in large doses. I doubt a few gummie bears with mostly sugar will get you though

You could just say sugar...because that is what HFCS is, a kind of sugar.

No. Many people are allergic to corn without even knowing it because they're fed it constantly growing up. HFCS bothers these people.

I'm one of the nerds in the thread, but I like the Gummy + vodka idea. It's pretty good.

Back