This is how I got my 3800x from NewEgg

This is why I always spring for at least the 2-day shipping option. Never had an issue with UPS this way. Don't be a cheapskate.

This is why I always spring for at least the 2-day shipping option. Never had an issue with UPS this way. Don't be a cheapskate.

Yup. Anything less than two-day is basically 'it'll get there'. The difference with three-day-select is 'we'll throw it on a plane' vs. ground where they'll only throw it on a plane if it has to leave CONUS, i.e. Alaska or Hawaii. And you're paying for it. Otherwise, ground is 'we'll never throw it on a plane'.

Did you at least see how well it clocks? If it's a high clocking chip I would just stress test it for 24 hrs and keep it.

NE should replace the cooler if it was damaged, but who knows, you might have a golden chip there that you might exchange for a dud.

Just a thought.

It clocked well but the
To use to Amazon Prime I usually get it in two days. Wasn't thinking 5 days with horse and buggy.

Newegg should be black balled just for using UPS. My neighbor bought a PSU, it took twice as long as it should have to get to him and the box was all out of shape, the PSU was bent and that box was crushed down on one side. Really pathetic!

who else are they going to use? lol because you're chances of receiving a damaged/late package are about the same from all 3 shipping companies.

Newegg wrote me an e-mail lately and asked why I hadn't ordered recently. I took the time to not only do the survey but I e-mailed the CEO of E-mail Questions and basically said Amazon let them behind and I noted shipping being one of the issues. Half wit, half erect surepost

mine came in a bare cardboard box before the CPU case. You should fight it. Don't blame Newegg but the shipping company. Seems like you got a (replacement/sent back) item.

Back