This is funny..The Phantom gaming console-stock price

dracos

Supreme [H]ardness
Check this out..

Phantom Entertainment, the company formally known as Infinium Labs, the makers of the vaporware gaming console, The Phantom.. that has been in production for teh last 5 years..

I was bopping around and found their stock quotes..

their stock is going for a WHOPPING .0052 per share.. :rolleyes:

and that price is actually up .0003

Might want to get in on it while it's so cheap!!

Stock Quote Page

If my understanding is correct, if I own 51% of available shares, can I mandate that the company go out of business? And would this cost me, roughly, $2.37?

that all depends how many shares are available..

from their history I think they have millions of shares out there in the public.. so you would have to buy 51% of all those

phide said:
Indeed so. You missed my humorous understatement, it seems.

Oops.. sorry...

I forgot to use my sarcasm tags... it should have read

[sarcasm] that all depends how many shares are available..

from their history I think they have millions of shares out there in the public.. so you would have to buy 51% of all those [/sarcasm]

It looks like it would cost a little more than $100 thousand to buy 51%. Someone like Microsoft should just put them out of their misery.

Was it wikipedia that asked what you would buy with 10 million dollars to set free? How about taking 100k of that 10 million dollars to buy up Infinium and metaphorically "set them free" by dissolving the whole annoying venture :) You would still have plenty left over to go buy the rights to some Dickinson or Hemingway or something to set free.

you know, as much we all hate the company with such a cheap price and high fluctuation peeps here could make a killing with their knowledge of what that lap board provides. Alien ware just agreed to order these. If the price went up one cent.. you do the math

According to Yahoo, they have 658.8M shares outstanding.

They have a market cap of $3.43M and debt of $3.36M with a negative cash flow which means the lose money each quarter and will soon have more debt than the company is worth...

sounds good to me... :D

Last Trade: 0.0057

Stock has nearly doubled due to the alienware news. New managment and somewhat new name. Granted I still hate them, i called this.

I own 400,000 shares of PHEI.

Im just hoping for a little push when they release the lapboard

you put ~$2000 in their stock?

Unless you got 2000 to lose I wouldn't do it.

You might make HUGE money, but then again, you might just lose 2000 bucks, and 2000 bucks is half the cost I put into my vette for my 383 motor. :)

I'm not against risk, I'm just against risk with big money :)

I have about 80% of my money tied up in Intel stock, no real risk....slow gains, but it will go up with the duo sales over the next few months - assuming we don't go to war, or terroists don't strike ect.

would any of you actually use the lapboard? and i mean ignore the company name would you?

Yeah I have about 500,000 shares or so of SBC (which is now AT&T)...dunno if its going anywhere really, minimal increases at most. Seems like for most solid companies the stock market game is a slow one.

I'd use a lapboard. :D

SBC? at about $34 a share?

You have 500,000 shares?

You have $17,185,000 in SouthWestern Bell/AT&T?

BS :rolleyes:

If you have 17,185,000 in one company - you will have a bunch more in other companies, because no investor of that caliber puts all their eggs in one basket.

So really you have an investment portfolio of about 50 million conservatively?

And you post on HardOCP?

not only that but you have a for sale thread? Where you are trying to sell several xbox titles and old PC parts for like 15 bucks? Let me get this straight. You have ~50 million dollars, but you are so tight that you want to reclaim 15 bucks on a used xbox title?

ha

ha

ha ha ha

hahhahahahahahahah

hahhahahaha

ehehhehe

ehhhhhh

whew.....

*catching my breath now*

ehem.

Maybe his dad bough the stock 20 years ago, but never cashed it in because they were in a fallout shelter for 20 years because they thought a bomb landed in there back yard.

Edit, what is with this lapboard anyway, from the pics it looks like a keyboard that turns, i dont' get it.

I added PHEI to my watch list just for giggles,

The guy that put $2000 in....

lost just shy of half so far.

lol, the funniest thing is, I remember the exact day Phantom was announced.... I called BS on it from the start and so did everyone else I knew. I can't believe its been dragging out for this long, I'm in disbelief.

oh man this sounds awesome... i just checked out their website

The Phantom Game Service was originally engineered to run on a Windows XP embedded operating system on a Phantom Game Receiver managed by Phantom content servers over the Internet.

The Company intends to modify the Phantom Game Service software to run as client software on personal computers operating Windows XP and Windows XP Media center operating systems.

instead of a gaming console they are now..... drumroll..... gametap with a wireless mouse and keyboard!

Releasing games through digital downloads and an online enabled marketplace? These guys were idiots!

Spaceman_Spiff said:
Releasing games through digital downloads and an online enabled marketplace? These guys were idiots!

I don't think that anyone ever said the the ideas behind the original Phantom were dumb (nor are the proposals they've made since dumping the Phantom) - given the proper funding and real development, it could have been very cool. The problem has always been that there was little evidence that they were actually doing anything. I'm still convinced that the Lapboard was conceived and produced (assuming they're actually being produced) only as an attempt to keep people from going to jail...

It's pretty sad when you can literally sell your own feces for manure for more than 100 shares of that stock :p

Wait ... now it's 0.0028$ and the Volume is the number of shares ? 1.16m ? or 1 160 000 shares ? Is that it ?

Volume is the number of shares traded in whatever time frame or order, I think the last trade was for 1.29m shares.

It looks like it would cost a little more than $100 thousand to buy 51%. Someone like Microsoft should just put them out of their misery.

Was it wikipedia that asked what you would buy with 10 million dollars to set free? How about taking 100k of that 10 million dollars to buy up Infinium and metaphorically "set them free" by dissolving the whole annoying venture :) You would still have plenty left over to go buy the rights to some Dickinson or Hemingway or something to set free.

Even if you hold 51% of a companies shares, you can not tank the company. You can dictate on where you want their business to go in some ways, you can dictate small things, but you can't just close the doors.

You'd need 100% of their shares to do a hostile takeover, declare the company private and shut the doors. This will make you look horrible, cost a ton of money as other shareholders would want a good investment, so you have to pay them a considerable amount more. Also, you need to get those shares that the company may hold in their own name. Many companies keeps shares in their own interest so this would not happen.

You would at least need to drop a half a million bucks down on this company to do something like this, then you also have to deal with their debt and other issues. It's just not worth it.

You would at least need to drop a half a million bucks down on this company to do something like this, then you also have to deal with their debt and other issues. It's just not worth it.

Exactly, no one in their right mind would want to be the majority shareholder of a tanking company that is probably millions in debt.

Exactly, no one in their right mind would want to be the majority shareholder of a tanking company that is probably millions in debt.

I would love to see someone buy their lapboard design, though.

SBC? at about $34 a share?

You have 500,000 shares?

You have $17,185,000 in SouthWestern Bell/AT&T?

BS :rolleyes:

If you have 17,185,000 in one company - you will have a bunch more in other companies, because no investor of that caliber puts all their eggs in one basket.

So really you have an investment portfolio of about 50 million conservatively?

And you post on HardOCP?

not only that but you have a for sale thread? Where you are trying to sell several xbox titles and old PC parts for like 15 bucks? Let me get this straight. You have ~50 million dollars, but you are so tight that you want to reclaim 15 bucks on a used xbox title?

ha

ha

ha ha ha

hahhahahahahahahah

hahhahahaha

ehehhehe

ehhhhhh

whew.....

*catching my breath now*

ehem.

You just spent your time debunking a 14 year old.

Life is grande like a latte

You just spent your time debunking a 14 year old.

Life is grande like a latte

No...as a serious investor myself, I take note if someone mentions 500,000 shares of anything. I wanted to see if this was legit, see what other posts he had - see if anything had to do with other inestments ect..., It doesn't take more than 30 seconds to take a quick glance at a member's other posts.

As a side note, it looks like our very own [H]ardforum multi-millionare Walstreet Shark, Riddlinkidstoner, is still earning a bit of extra money on the side selling old PC hardware for $18 shipped.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1149700

I have 500,000 shares in Microsoft. I pay people to post on [H]ard for me.

wow, check out the stock today...ALL over the board.

It almost completely became worthless(lost all value) and then bounced back up to previous levels within a few minutes. I've never seen a stock do that.

I have it on my stock ticker so as to keep an eye on it.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PHEI.OB&t=1d

2-9-2007 Day's Range
0.0002 - 0.0023
:eek:

Back