This is driving us CRAZY!

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
So a friend and I have been trying to convert our DVD's to mpeg4 to put on his ipod video. We get through all the easy steps and get the finished product, mpeg4 files of our DVD's.

But, here's the pain in the ass... By the end of the mpeg4 clip, the sound is off from the video by many seconds.

We've been using Videora + DVD decrypter. And we just tried ImToo software with no luck at all.

What's the deal here?

You can download pocketdivxencoder to fix this. You extract to the VOB then convert the VOB to an AVI with pocketdivxencoder then convert the avi to your mp4. The exact settings were on pocketdivxenc when i was doing this with my PSP but it is the step that cleared up my audio sync issues.

4saken said:
You can download pocketdivxencoder to fix this. You extract to the VOB then convert the VOB to an AVI with pocketdivxencoder then convert the avi to your mp4. The exact settings were on pocketdivxenc when i was doing this with my PSP but it is the step that cleared up my audio sync issues.

What about files that I have on my computer that are not in VOB format? I have been trying to convert WMV files I have downloaded into MP4 format, and have used Videora and ImToo software, but the result is the same. The video starts playing, but the sound comes in about 3 or 4 seconds too late. What can I do to solve this?

What's even more frustrating is that Videora was working just fine, then this sync problem started coming up, and now I can find no way around it. I'm lost.

Yeah everything is set where it should be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the programs even, to no avail.

Are they off by several secs when you play them on the iPod or hen you play them on the `puter???

I actually haven't tried playing them on the iPod, I just see that they are off on the computer so I assumed it would be off on the iPod. That's a good point though, I will test it and see if it is off on the iPod as well.

Ok so that didn't work. It's the same as the preview, with the video starting and the sound coming in about 3 or 4 seconds too late.

There may be a setting for audio offsetting somewhere in your options. If it's there try tweaking the numbers/seconds for a better match.

Yeah I've looked through that as well. I don't know what to do, even reinstalling the programs doesn't do it. There has to be something I am doing wrong...

Yeah, same thing. I feel that I have tried everything possible to no avail....

Well after downloading a bunch of different converters, I finally found one that does not have audio sync issues. WinAVI MP4 Converter is working great. Thanks to everyone for helping me.

Back