this has got to be the most inflated GPU price yet!

I hate these 3rd party sellers on NE and Amazon. Most the time they are over priced to begin with.

Anyone remember when NewEgg was sort of a good deal? I think it was that last Supermoon.

Anyone remember when NewEgg was sort of a good deal? I think it was that last Supermoon.
They still are for some things. Just back in the day they didn't have any competition. Maybe a little from Tigerdirect. Some years went by and Amazon rose from the ashes.

Damn, they only let me order one at a time. What a PITA.. anyone want to order 9 more for me and I'll pay shipping? :p

Even Newegg's own stock has jacking up prices. Yesterday a PNY 1080Ti with plastic blower HSF for $999 + $5 shipping?

its so pointless for these youtubers doing gpu reviews, and websites doing gpu reviews still.... not a single individual can get their hands on video cards anymore, so why do reviews of them right now. Really angers me that the market has gotten this way with ram, gpu, and whats next.... maybe PSU's?? who knows, but shit needs to change and change quickly

I have my bonus coming up in March.. and with these prices... i'm not even remotely intrigued by anything in the computer component arena...

its so pointless for these youtubers doing gpu reviews, and websites doing gpu reviews still.... not a single individual can get their hands on video cards anymore, so why do reviews of them right now. Really angers me that the market has gotten this way with ram, gpu, and whats next.... maybe PSU's?? who knows, but shit needs to change and change quickly
Actually several reviewers on YouTube have focused on some of the older hardware to show what is and isn't capable of running certain games. It really helps those on a tight budget if they dont have to have 144 FPS or a 4K capable GPU.Probably my favorite channel is fellow [H] member F2F.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Face2FaceHardware

I need to builda gaming pc for the daughter in april.... gfx prices not looking nice...

I'm confused at the meaning of this word. Can someone explain it to me?

It's when the CEO or your Boss gets a bonus and then gives you one by a more physical means from behind.

Reactions: ob1
like this
Actually several reviewers on YouTube have focused on some of the older hardware to show what is and isn't capable of running certain games. It really helps those on a tight budget if they dont have to have 144 FPS or a 4K capable GPU.Probably my favorite channel is fellow [H] member F2F.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Face2FaceHardware

I've seen a few new videos reviewing older GPUs with new games, some reviewers are certainly aware of the current market and are responding with updated reviews. Looks like the 980 Ti especailly when overclocked has aged quite well, in range of 1070/1070Ti/1080s at least at 1440p and below.

I've seen a few new videos reviewing older GPUs with new games, some reviewers are certainly aware of the current market and are responding with updated reviews. Looks like the 980 Ti especailly when overclocked has aged quite well, in range of 1070/1070Ti/1080s at least at 1440p and below.

I'd slap my own mother for a 980 Ti for $275 right now....

I'd slap my own mother for a 980 Ti for $275 right now....

Just checking ebay quickly it looks like they easily are hitting $400 right now. The current market is really effecting just about any decent mining and gaming card for the past 3 years.

lol dude that's bad but insane are some of the $1700 prices I've seen. It's mostly the 3rd party sellers. Most store prices are actually still pretty decent if you can catch while in stock.

Just checking ebay quickly it looks like they easily are hitting $400 right now. The current market is really effecting just about any decent mining and gaming card for the past 3 years.

Even 780 Ti's are close to $300.... Everybody's losing their minds

10f38cd121df7f0bcce42c5f19e8dbfc3790d20282aefdef975dd003a557c312.jpg

i have 980Ti's... been holding me over since 2015. amazing cards... Guess ill have to pull an all nighter soon when the volta's hit, and grab me one hopefully

Looks like the 970's are going for more now than when I bought mine years ago. Time to stick one of my older cards in, complain about the noise and make a few bucks. :D

I am selling my old Radeon Pro Duo on Ebay for a pretty penny. Already had offers at $1k...turned them both down. Some sucker will come along to buy it for my asking price. :)

Regarding the GPU shortage, I just learned some things about cryptocurrency mining that puts things in an interesting light.

Most of you are probably unaware that mining difficulty increases over time, and the more computing power is collectively is put into mining, the faster that difficulty increases. This is a serious problem for miners, this problem is so severe for Bitcoin, the oldest cryptocurrency on the market, that it is no longer cost effective to use GPUs to mine for bitcoin - ASIC's must be used, GPUs now are only used for "alt" currencies like etherium, and even they are rapidly becoming difficult enough to make using GPUs to compute the hashes unprofitable.

The long and short of it is that the reliance of miners on GPUs is likely shortlived, and things will return to normal.

(ASIC - Application Specific Integrated Circuit, in this situation a CPU designed explicitly to do ONE thing, compute hashes for one specific currency.)

Regarding the GPU shortage, I just learned some things about cryptocurrency mining that puts things in an interesting light.

Most of you are probably unaware that mining difficulty increases over time, and the more computing power is collectively is put into mining, the faster that difficulty increases. This is a serious problem for miners, this problem is so severe for Bitcoin, the oldest cryptocurrency on the market, that it is no longer cost effective to use GPUs to mine for bitcoin - ASIC's must be used, GPUs now are only used for "alt" currencies like etherium, and even they are rapidly becoming difficult enough to make using GPUs to compute the hashes unprofitable.

The long and short of it is that the reliance of miners on GPUs is likely shortlived, and things will return to normal.

(ASIC - Application Specific Integrated Circuit, in this situation a CPU designed explicitly to do ONE thing, compute hashes for one specific currency.)

Billy-D_Approves.gif

You're not wrong friendo.

It's just a bubble, nothing more....

I say this having spent $5 on Bitcoin back in February of 2011 when they were a buck each. I actually cashed them out last month and made a tidy profit. When in a bubble, don't ride that bubble out. :)

nah man. it's been that way for years. as long as altcoins keep being developed and traded for BTC GPU's will be sought and new coins are made everyday.

the gpu drought is due to the bitcoin boom, more miners are jumping in than ever. more cards need to be made or prices will reach a point where people stop buying them then stock will resume.

Last edited:
No argument, just pointing out that miners relying on GPUs isn't short lived.

And I quote:

to others posting here.. You missing his point... he is predicting the crash of all coins due to XYZ (maybe taxes?) reason not what your doing day to day. L@@Ks like May was referenced here.. may risk the temp ban by waking this thread up as a reference POV. see ya may 31st.

Half of my profession is speculation.

I didn't get where I am today by being wrong.

Planes crash and burn less frequently....

my question is. since yall know the prices are over inflated, WHY ARE YALL BUYING THEM?? you dont buy, they are forced to drop the price. thats economics 101.

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
my question is. since yall know the prices are over inflated, WHY ARE YALL BUYING THEM?? you dont buy, they are forced to drop the price. thats economics 101.

I guess the point many are making around here is that they AREN'T buying at these prices, maybe some miners but definitely not gamers and nothing I'd do for current gen GPU tech.

Back