This card worth it? 7950GT

Carv

[H]ard|Gawd
It seems like a good price, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this card. I'm building a new system for a friend, and I was looking at this for the video card. He's mainly going to be playing BF2, DoD:S, and maybe a couple of other games coming out that seem interesting.

Is there something better I can get for that price or cheaper?

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814130061

I have the BFG version of the same card, and yeah it was worth it. And the price is sweet; mine was 270 when I got it. I upgraded from a 6600, and it scores four times the FPS in the CSS stress test, with pretty much the same specs besides the cards. If I were you, I would definitely go for it. Make sure your PSU is good enough, though, mine handles everything in my signature nicely, plus two hard drives and a DVD burner.

That is a good card, but you might want to try this (as it has similar performance) and is cheaper.

X1950XT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102067

Also, please a little bit more than the 7950GT you could get an 8800GTS 320mb version which will def. beat both cards and is DX10 ready.

Also, if you dont want to spend more, the DX10 mid stream cards are coming out soon and will prob. be better or equivalent to these.

I forgot about the 8800gts 320mb. Since you're only running a 17" lcd it looks like, that would be perfect. I think the cheapest one is 250 after a mail in rebate. If you go for a DX10 card, I recommend an 8800, cause IMO the 8600's won't be all that impressive, still not crappy or anything though.

I heavily recommend getting the 8800 GTS 320 if your going to be spending this much on a video card, 7950 gT is too close in price to the 8800 to be worth it.

Yea, the 8800 does look like a better choice, it's not that much more in price.

Thanks guys!

The 8800gts 320 would be alot better for just a little more. But the 7950gt is still a very good card.

Back