This article really got it wrong

cambrian

Gawd
I agree with the Vista part somewhat. But the little statement about Mac users is ridiculous.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160064

Apple users tend to be the kind of people marketers refer to as "influencers" or "tech elites," the in-the-know folks who adopt the coolest new technology and set trends

What !!!!!!!! :eek: I just lost all respect for the author right there. The massive number of computer geeks, or "leets" are PC users. They are the ones who build your computer, code your software, and push the trend of the hardware and software industry.

What marketers refer to them as and reality are two different things. A lot of Apple fans do buy the latest trendy stuff out on the market. So that much at least is prolly true. That these trendy people also prolly influence the sheep to do similar is also prolly true. The fact that the majority of the "trendy elite" are, in many cases, actually computer illiterate does not change the perception that they are l33t computing g0d$. The people that frequent this place already know better than that.
However, from a marketing guru's standpoint, what was said in the article regarding what you quoted is quite reasonable. It is all about perception to the marketing dept.

a machine that cost several thousand dollars and came loaded with Windows Vista, the latest version of Microsoft's operating system. He flipped open the laptop, pressed the power button, and … nothing. We waited. And waited. It was excruciating. He tried control-alt-delete. He tried holding down the power button. Finally he removed the battery and snapped it back into place. The machine started up—slowly—while the CEO sat there fuming.

I raged at that paragraph.

You should go to MacRumors.com, and see their forums.

99% of people there are absolute noobs that don't know anything, yet call computer hobbyists idiots that don't know anything about PCs.

Most of them live in a small boxed world thinking that them and their fruit computers are the elite of the world. They are just ignorant idiots that give off a negative impression to the computer hardware community.

I mean for fucks sake half of them think that the Mac Pro + a downclocked 3870 is the best graphical experience that you can have. The other half don't even know what a video card is.

However, there are a select few Mac users that actually know something about something, so I won't bash them.

The truth is that on average,for those who show some interest in tech, PC users have a greater perspective on hardware. Most Mac users just have an AppleOMGHAX, perspective, meaning anything that isn't from Apple is garbage.

Back