This a good card for Component out?

MrValentine

[H]ard|Gawd
looking at the HD-435X-YAH2 I cant find the HD-435X-YAH3 that comes with a component adapter and that looks like the only difference. I have the adapters so thats not a big deal.

I have been using a PCI evga card for component out. But I cant seem to get it to play nice with this new AMD build i put together. After a hour or so the screen starts pixelating. And it would probably be best to use a pci-e slot anyway.

So I would like to find an ATI card, PCI-e, and ~$40 shipped or cheaper. Think that xfx card would work?

No idea. It comes with an svideo cable and XFX has been known to disable such things as component output on some models.

Also, NV and ATI tend to wire their ports differently (on older models, in the past kind of thing) but I am unsure if that NV cable will work on anything other then an NV card.

As for anything being a "good card" that all depends on what you're doing with it. What are you doing with it?

55" projection TV. Its old, only has component inputs and 1080i, with just as old sony reciver (but can handle DTS!!! woot). playing DVD's and even some Blu-ray isos from a WHS.

Well, either way you don't have many options for component out and it does have the connector on it so you might as well get it and give it a try.

I have an old Gigabyte 2600xt that works with component output. I'd try to find a card that has the cable with it. I'm not sure that an nv cable will fit an ATI card. I had an old ATI card and a newer ATI cable and they weren't even compatible.

Warning: Radeon's drivers for component 1080i connection is a pain in the butt. When/if you put that card in, it will be fine because the standard VGA driver will revert back to 480p which I assume your TV can handle. When you install the Radeon drivers, the resolution will go to 1024 x 768 which will cause your TV to go nuts with a rolling screen and you won't be able to do anything. Make sure you do it with a 2nd monitor connected. Then when you get everything straight, you can change your TV to the primary and disconnect the other monitor. This is assuming you're not already running another monitor along with your TV.

Back