This 26" Samsung good for gaming?

I am currently in the market to get a 24-26" LCD, as I am selling my two Samsung 204b's, in the fall I will have a 32" LCDTV to use as my second monitor so I want to get rid of them and just get one nice monitor until then.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001276
That is the Samsung I was looking at, it has the same TN panel that my 204b's do (which I do not mind at all, I am willing to trade less-sharper dark colors for no ghosting) and it has a reasonable price. Are there any other gaming screens for that price that would be better?

500+ for a tn? in hotdeals there is a link for a benq for around 350 shipped

Apparently its a New Arrival on Newegg, so I don't know how its quality is relative to the BenQ, anyone have experience with it?

EDIT: The I found in Hotdeals is for a 24", and someone had mentioned it has a decent input lag, so I am a little hesistant to go with that one. The two Samsungs I have now are TN panels and I find them to have great quality, and viewing angles aren't a huge issue

It's a very new screen, and was just recently announced. Reviews will be hard to come by for a little while.

I tend to think 26" is a bit large for TN panels. I would wait for the T240 unless you need to have the size.

Regards,

10e

Back