Thinkpad t60p vs. Asus A8Js Help me decide please.

mattjbak

Gawd
I need a dvi connection. That is the first point. This is necessary because I'll be using it with either a westinghouse 37" 1080p monitor or the dell 2407, not sure which yet. The IBM needs the advanced dock for dvi, which is an ungodly $159. It will be used for light gaming (Counter Strike Source only) and a lot of school work. Mainly school work, which would include just word processing, but I also like to do a lot of photoshop and that sort of work.

With the dock I configured a great Lenova for only $ 1,597.00.

Specs:

ThinkPad T Series T60 Express

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (2.0GHz, 4MB L2, 667MHz FSB)
14.1 SXGA+ TFT
ATI Mobility Fire GL V5250 256MB
1.5 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
80GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim
ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe
6 cell Li-Ion Battery
Express - 1 Yr Depot Warranty
Integrated WiFi wireless LAN Integrated Wi-Fi Wireless a/b/g
Bluetooth Integrated Bluetooth PAN
Integrated fingerprint reader
ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock with US/Canada/LA Line Cord

I don't know of any benchies on the FireGL, but I'd be surprised if it performed better than the 7700Go in the A8Js. Some disadvantages I know of to the A8Js are:

- Battery life - less than 3 hours max, worse with wi-fi on, much worse while gaming
- No integrated Bluetooth in the North America model (unless you can snag one of the "exclusive" ones from milestonepc.com)

That said, my friend has the A8Jm and loves it. I'm torn between the G1 and and A8Jm.

bassman said:
I don't know of any benchies on the FireGL, but I'd be surprised if it performed better than the 7700Go in the A8Js. Some disadvantages I know of to the A8Js are:

- Battery life - less than 3 hours max, worse with wi-fi on, much worse while gaming
- No integrated Bluetooth in the North America model (unless you can snag one of the "exclusive" ones from milestonepc.com)

That said, my friend has the A8Jm and loves it. I'm torn between the G1 and and A8Jm.

The question is: when is the G1 coming out?

mattjbak said:
I
With the dock I configured a great Lenova for only $ 1,597.00.

Specs:

ThinkPad T Series T60 Express

Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (2.0GHz, 4MB L2, 667MHz FSB)
14.1 SXGA+ TFT
ATI Mobility Fire GL V5250 256MB
1.5 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
80GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim
ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe
6 cell Li-Ion Battery
Express - 1 Yr Depot Warranty
Integrated WiFi wireless LAN Integrated Wi-Fi Wireless a/b/g
Bluetooth Integrated Bluetooth PAN
Integrated fingerprint reader
ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock with US/Canada/LA Line Cord

All I know is that is one hell of a deal for an IBM!!! I would assume that though the fireGL card is for openGL work and professional rendering, it should play games just a tad bit worse if not the same as a x1600 mobil (basically the same hardware). If I had money right now, i would jump on that. they got like all the options on sale.

an that Thinkpad is really looking to be a winner. 1500$ fully decked out. I love my Used IBM X30. There is just something about it. The pointer mouse, build quailty etc. One thing is can anyone tell me the differences between the flex screens and regular ones?

Back