thinkpad bios flash

Morpheus256

2[H]4U
ok, well i own 3 different thinkpads here, and i know that you need a fully charged battery to flash it.
i just aquired a 770ed with a dead batt. is there anyway to override ibm's safeguard and flash the bios with a dead battery?

i understands ibm's want to have a full battery incase the power fails, or the plug gets pulled. but this isint a concern for me.

are there any work arounds?

I dunno. But it's nice to see people care. :rolleyes:

edit: I guess you could call IBM or check to see if there's an IBM forum around.

yeah i still have my other thinkpad under warrenty, so i could ask them.

and yeah i was disapointed by the responce, i know ill defintly help ppl when they want help:rolleyes:

see, there is a little problem though. It's a fairly specialized problem, and google isn't turning up any easy results..

I know this isn't what you wanted but maybe a means to an end.

The battery can be had on ebay for $70.00 + S&H. I was going to post an auction but, most forums don't allow posting ebay auctions so, I didn't.

I hate to tell you this but I very much doubt that you will be able to override. IBM is very picky about things. Like if the CMOS battery is dead they won't boot. Low fan speed won't boot. Memory error won't boot. While alot of other brands will just give you an error and continue IBMs don't. Based on this I really dought they will let you flash the BIOS.

Back