Thinking of the 780 for Cuda and Gaming

Agent Orange 615

[H]ard|Gawd
Since I can keep the IRS off my ass with a 780ti due to the performance boost my freelance work will get (adobe) suite. Is it wise to stick that in this box? I know my cpu def needs an upgrade to an i7, but Im sure I will see a massive increase regardless. I was torn on the regular 780 but getting an intro card into the GK 110 world is enticing to me. Any thoughts? I play your main games most you guys play, and use after effects, premiere, photoshop, and avid. Also would like to run 3 monitors.

Last edited:
A GTX 780Ti would be a huge upgrade for you and you would see a significant performance boost in both gaming and your work with Adobe. Yes, the i7 would benefit you with hyperthreading but not in gaming and not nearly as much as your GPU upgrade.

I would go with the EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX should you decide to go ahead with your new GPU. EVGA has great support and their cards perform better than most manufacturers.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thats exactly the model I got. I used amazon because I have prime and I like their return policy but they gave me a haircut on tax,which almost never has happened to me. I'll grin and bear it for now. I've had issues returning stuff to newegg and t direct, so id prefer the safety on an expensive purchase. Now I want to double down on my Qnix 27inch korean PLS to round out the upgrade.

Thats exactly the model I got. I used amazon because I have prime and I like their return policy but they gave me a haircut on tax,which almost never has happened to me. I'll grin and bear it for now. I've had issues returning stuff to newegg and t direct, so id prefer the safety on an expensive purchase. Now I want to double down on my Qnix 27inch korean PLS to round out the upgrade.

The 2 times I have used tiger direct I have had issues but it was with rebates

The 2 times I have used tiger direct I have had issues but it was with rebates

Ive had issues with tiger direct rebates. Basically I'd send everything in exactly as stated then get a long winded and confusing email from the rebate people explaining how I need to send more stuff in.

Also apologies for the kind of broad title, but they only let me edit in the thread, I should know this by now..

Last edited:
Back