Thinking of returning to planet side

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
I played this game when it first came out and it was really fun but some where along the way i left i dunno why but i just did.

Anyways hows the graphics compared to newer games? i cant really remember or compare the graphics but at the time they were really good.

Anyone still playing? What server is the US server of choice? And is it fun still? Is the real question i need answered...

almost forgot to add hows it run on vista 64?

Edit: nm i found the planetside forums and its riddled with "did you see this hacker?" Or "im tired of all the cheats".

gg

You just missed the free 3 weeks they had in jan for previous players, despite being free for this time the EU server (Werner) was quite empty and never pop locked one continent, and the TR were still getting owned like back in the day so decided to leave planetside once and for all, I was kinda hoping it would come back to life but on reflection that was a bit stupid really.

It was fantastic in its day, back when the EU server TR could pop lock nearly 4 conts at the same time, so you could choose your battle and the world map ebed and flowed and was always moving making it more balanced. Thats when fights were 3x pop lock which was 900 people if I remember correctly, now THEY were great fights, you just don't get that anymore.

I was just about to create the same post. If planetside is terrible now, what do you guys think would be a close second to play? I loved PS back in the day, so im looking for something along the same lines. Thanks.

Never played it, but tabula rasa, that has a decent sci fi theme with guns etc, but it doesn't really have RvR stuff. Warhammer a new MMO coming up will also have RvR play which sounds good.

planetside was the best game i have ever played

but the game is dead whether anyone wants to believe it or not.

It had alot of potential

almost forgot to add hows it run on vista 64?

Edit: nm i found the planetside forums and its riddled with "did you see this hacker?" Or "im tired of all the cheats".

gg

Yup. Banning hackers would shrink the subscriber base by 80%, haha.

There's nothing to go back to... PlanetSide died as soon as they released the first xpack. To think all SOE had to do was not touch the fucking game with their dirty paws. Sometimes xpacks aren't needed ya know?

God that was such a good game. It would still be awesome if enough people were playing it. It was those awesome times where you'd come over a mountain and see hundreds upon hundreds of people lined up on either side of a valley, shooting the crap out of eachother - that made the game. Oh well.

too bad its a race to see which hacker is better with which hack.

game is ruined.

too bad its a race to see which hacker is better with which hack.

game is ruined.

that is every multiplayer. that is why I do not care anymore. I just try to gleam some fun once in a while. Some small cod4 servers are clean as they can be. I see bans every other round at least on my favorite. biohazard. it is an ace modded server.

Game was great back when it was first released....quit it about the time the first expansion came out.

Sorry forgot to add that its ruined due to the fact SoE doesnt even try to ban...

WW2Online / Battleground Europe might be an alternative you would be interested in. Much more detailed than a typical FPS with advanced physics. Not the easiest of games to jump right in for a couple minutes of play but can be very rewarding if you like WW2 era games and enjoy participating in groups.

be001.jpg

WW2Online

Planetside had so much potential... after the first expansion it all went to shit... Devs wouldn't listen to the players...

Regardless, first 3-6 months were some of the best times in online gaming for me... then I got banned multiple times for being an asshole... then finally speedhacking... :eek:

Yup. Banning hackers would shrink the subscriber base by 80%, haha.

There's nothing to go back to... PlanetSide died as soon as they released the first xpack. To think all SOE had to do was not touch the fucking game with their dirty paws. Sometimes xpacks aren't needed ya know?

/Queue the Star Wars Galaxies Funeral song....

Back