Thinking of making the move to 360

Microsoft is likely to release a new console in 2012 or 2013, neither which is far off

i said it's nearing it's end

not that it was already dead

Reading comprehension, where can a motherfucker learn it?

*laughing* still dude. Where the fuck is your proof? Where did you pull this info out of yoru ass from?

I know what the fuck "Nearing it's end" is. Oh and 2 years out is not nearing it's end either. They might ANNOUNCE a new system at BEST. Then that's "nearing its end"

You pulling shit out of your ass. That's a mystery.

PC plus a console is the way to go I feel. I've tried to ditch my PC twice now. For Christmas I'm getting parts from my girlfriend to make a new one.

I wouldn't ditch your PC altogether, but simply add a console and use both.

A console will make your life a lot easier. I still play games on PC, mostly RTS games because they just do not work without a mouse but almost any other type of game works just fine with a controller. I play most games that are not either super cheap on Steam or RTS on the Xbox.

I love how PC gamers can't fathom of why someone would go console. They love to tinker but can't understand that they are in the vast minority. Sure you lose your mouse but does it really matter? Everyone else can seem to learn a new skill (aiming with a joystick) but some PC gamers are not willing to spend the time to.

I love how PC gamers can't fathom of why someone would go console. They love to tinker but can't understand that they are in the vast minority. Sure you lose your mouse but does it really matter? Everyone else can seem to learn a new skill (aiming with a joystick) but some PC gamers are not willing to spend the time to.

Just like console gamers are unwilling to learn mouse & keyboard and don't want to tinker.

The PC and consoles are different experiences. You don't need to hate one to love the other.

Microsoft is likely to release a new console in 2012 or 2013, neither which is far off

i said it's nearing it's end

not that it was already dead

Reading comprehension, where can a motherfucker learn it?

Oh enough with that shit. You have no source for this, other than your narrow minded expectations. Nintendo has just reaffirmed that they are nowhere near even considering a successor the the Wii. Playstation and Microsoft have just spent a ton of money into revitalizing their current systems with Move and Kinect. All you have to back your expectations is precedent, but this generation is nothing like previous generations, so precedent is of little worth.

Oh enough with that shit. You have no source for this, other than your narrow minded expectations. Nintendo has just reaffirmed that they are nowhere near even considering a successor the the Wii. Playstation and Microsoft have just spent a ton of money into revitalizing their current systems with Move and Kinect. All you have to back your expectations is precedent, but this generation is nothing like previous generations, so precedent is of little worth.

you'd be ignorant to believe that none of the big 3 are putting any money into R and D for new console prototypes

You don't think 2012 or 2013 are gonna come around and then a month before release, they are gonna up and say, WE GOTS TO DO TEH REARSCHZ 4 NEW CONSOL?

as for when they will actually be released? Yes I am speculating, I doubt i'll be far off, hopefully I can necro this post in 2012 or 2013 so we can reassess who was ignorant here.

I've been playing games since I was 5, I have faith in precedent when it comes to video games on consoles.

I feel you man. I have a 1 year old system thats shit with Black OPS! My best friend started xbox last week because of this.... I just can bring myself to do it...

I'm a PC FPS player and I can't do console FPS to save my life. I've bought that FragNStein, few others console junk wanta be keyboard/mouse none of these gadets come close to aim like I can on PC.

I don't own Black Ops on any format, but I know it's still DX9 just like the last COD title was on PC. So i'm not understanding the graphic problems being reported.

If your not finding PC people to play with try Steam! It's the biggest and best community for PC gamers! I happen to run 8 Steam Groups myself for games like: Left 4 Dead, Serious Sam, AVP and Killing Floor. There's always someone to play with on Steam!

Last edited:
[F8];1036468178 said:
How hard is it to get used to FPS games on the 360? Can you get "as good" at aiming as on the PC?

In a word; no. I have 360 and PS3 and I have tried playing FPS games on them and just can't do it. I'm constantly wishing I had a KB + M when playing console FPS games. There are two exceptions though... when playing Rainbow 6 Vegas on 360, and the single player of Killzone 2 on PS3, but other than that you will be wishing you had a KB+M.

Btw, I have had the system in my sig for over 4 years and I still can still run today's PC games great on it... so idk what you're talking about constant need for upgrades.

Just do it, I sold my old pc and bought a 360 and used the remaining cash to buy a dell off craigslist for cheap. I don't have upgrade itis anymore, thank god pc gaming in general is expensive. With the console it's pop in and play not look at the system requirements or start threads on here like ( will my rig run this)

I'd get a PS3 because of the exclusives but if all your friends have 360 then go that route. I have a PC, PS3, Wii and 360. I play on the PC, PS3 and very very occasionally the Wii. Forza, Fable and Halo/Gears just arent worth it to me as exclusives. Sometimes I wish my 360 had Folding@Home at least then I'd go a day without thinking about getting rid of it.

I'm a diehard PC gamer, have been since the commodore 64 era. It's not just about the tinkering (which honestly i barely do any of that) BUT the customization of the pc platform, the modding community releasing maps/levels/campaigns/tracks/etc. (check the dead before dawn mod for L4D!!!). for games that seperates consolves and pcs. I have a system hooked up to my tv and surround sound and even a controller if i want to play on the tv, but most of the time i like my desktop (the e8500 in my sig... i've had that system about 3 years now and just the other day did my first upgrade on it!!) So no offense, you don't have to spend money EVERY year upgrading your computer! I went ~3years with an 8800gt on my rig... and that was fine. I just decided to upgrade since i got a good deal on the new card.

I owned a 360 back in 07 for 3 months and didn't like it one bit, I'm not a fan of the xbox nickel and diming you way of life. the lack of mods. If I were to buy a console i'd have to go the ps3 route honestly.

So my personal opinion, Get a PS3 and keep your computer... you'll get the best of both worlds, the majorty of xbox games come to the PC as well anyway. (minus gears >which sucked anyway imo< and alan wake, RDR may come pc....). To each their own, but why miss out on great PC titles just to play on an xbox.....

Last edited:
Nostrovia, the 8800gt came out at the end of 2007 and E8500 did not even come out till 2008 so you haven't had that pc for 5 years.

was supposed to be ~3, got splint on finger from an accident hit wrong key.... corrected error

I thought I would get tired of the "constant upgrades" as you call them, but that truly isn't the case. Two years ago I built my computer for $500 and honestly the only thing different in it now is the ram (first set of sticks conked out and I got a new set on warranty) and the video card. $600 in two years and the awesome steam sales is nothing compared to if I had bought all of these games on the xbox.( Geeze Microsoft, ever hear of sales...)

Anyways you'll get cheating on the xbox too. It's not going to be as bad, but you'll always find someone no matter where you play who will go out of their way to cheat.

And no, you will never be able to aim as well with a controller as you do with a keyboard/mouse. Personally I love the xbox, but I really dislike the controller. I'm useless in fps. MW2 on pc I usually rank in the top 3, whereas on xbox I'm generally within 3 positions of last.

call of duty black ops is shitty game with performace problem, buy other games or wait fro proper patch or just chill

Can someone help me out with Bioshock 2 for PC?

The PC locks up when I quit the game and I have to press reset to reboot. If I cannot solve, should I just alt-tab and use task manager to force close?

Game is patched to 1.003, drivers are updated, specs in sig.

Oh, and does AA work on this game through the video card control panel? I turned it on but did not notice a difference.

At least I finally got the game working...it took a while for me to fix the Games for Windows Live program. Can't save the game without this program running, and I could not get it to sign in and retrieve my xbox live profile. Ah, the joys of PC gaming!

Hey F8 I was in the same boat when the xbox360 came out. I like you had been a long time gamer. I even went further and had been working on the Chaos team and help on the Q2 and UT/UT2k4 mods for that team. But I also got tired of having to tinker with the PC to play a game. As well as the BS that both NV and ATI with driver tricks, optimizations, ect. As luck would have it my wife and I also bought our first house so any extra money for PC updates was gone. I was so bad when I first started out that when my son and I were co-oping in Halo2 he actually told me never mind as I was actually holding him back as i sucked soo much with the controller. So I had to force my self to keep playing. I finally made it through GRAW (Ghost Recon) game and from that point have never looked back. Now I am much better but still get my butt kicked on line when play in the public matchs. Since I work on PCs all day I enjoy coming home, laying out on the couch then play a game until the wife comes home. Its been so much better of a fit and tons more comfy then my PC chair (however kitty still can mess up my game). I singed up for gamefly and have enjoyed lots of games that way. Playing co-op games with friends is a blast. Plus I have dabbled in playing sports and racing games. Lot of fun talking smack with your friend over a madden, hoops or hockey game :)

Do I miss playing PC games, not really. I do miss my friends that are still PC only and the coding...but for now the 360 is a perfect fit :)

I just bought an xbox on black friday because black ops ran like shit on my computer. I used to game on xbox but I love pc. Either way I'm already back into aiming with analog sticks and playing better than I did on pc. Mostly due to black ops running well on xbox. Console plus pc ftw!

Thanks for all the feedback, I picked up a 4gb xbox slim and my buddy gave me a spare xbox hard drive, and I bought the slim enclosure for $10. I rented Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and I can't quit playing. I tried MW2 and I was terrible, so I haven't rented Black Ops yet.

Gaming on the PC is nothing compared to console gaming. You'll never get the flexibility and precision you get with using a mouse from a 360 controller. I've got a 360 and PS3 and I just can't play CoD on anything else. Like mentioned before...your system looks rather dated for today's standards.

i understand the op. i also have lots of headcaches having to upgrading my pc and the money stuff. new video card, new processor, it seams i am constantly paying for new hardware. i have a 470 gtx card, i was going to upgrade my computer with a 570, when i decided to buy a xbox360 instead, and play games on my big screen tv. i am going to give a expending break for my computer for now and focus on my video game console for now (kind of exciting).

Gaming on the PC is nothing compared to console gaming. You'll never get the flexibility and precision you get with using a mouse from a 360 controller. I've got a 360 and PS3 and I just can't play CoD on anything else. Like mentioned before...your system looks rather dated for today's standards.

I feel the same. My friend own's Me so bad on Halo, If I could use a Keyboard mouse I would do way better.

fact is that console gaming has made players lazy and kinda dumb. no one has to learn how to tweak a system or strive to make the gaming experience a better thing. everyone is on the same shitty playing field with a console. controllers suck. if ms had any brains they would allow people to use computer gear...but they wont. most kids now days dont know squat about pc gaming. i keep hearing "consoles are way better than pcs..." yea they say that cuz they cant use a damn computer to save their lives exept use facebook. pc gaming is the best because it requires a bit of work to get it to run right. its the best because you CAN tinker with it if it doesnt run right. the gaming industry loves consoles because they make more money and it makes piracy less of an issue. the majority of games that they put out are still garbage, but they get to control the flow. pc gaming is and always will be the king and the best way to game, especially fps and driving, but unfortunately the industry is going the same way the mp3 player market went with the ipod. some monkey with good marketing skills and a decent product brainwashes the masses into thinking its the best because "everyone wants one", not because its the best product.
to break it down in simple terms .....you'll notice that all good ergonomic chairs enable you to adjust things to your personal liking instead of sitting on a plastic milk crate. gee i wonder which one the milk crate is....

fact is that console gaming has made players lazy and kinda dumb. no one has to learn how to tweak a system or strive to make the gaming experience a better thing. everyone is on the same shitty playing field with a console. controllers suck. if ms had any brains they would allow people to use computer gear...but they wont. most kids now days dont know squat about pc gaming. i keep hearing "consoles are way better than pcs..." yea they say that cuz they cant use a damn computer to save their lives exept use facebook. pc gaming is the best because it requires a bit of work to get it to run right. its the best because you CAN tinker with it if it doesnt run right. the gaming industry loves consoles because they make more money and it makes piracy less of an issue. the majority of games that they put out are still garbage, but they get to control the flow. pc gaming is and always will be the king and the best way to game, especially fps and driving, but unfortunately the industry is going the same way the mp3 player market went with the ipod. some monkey with good marketing skills and a decent product brainwashes the masses into thinking its the best because "everyone wants one", not because its the best product.
to break it down in simple terms .....you'll notice that all good ergonomic chairs enable you to adjust things to your personal liking instead of sitting on a plastic milk crate. gee i wonder which one the milk crate is....

Trouble is that sometimes one never solves the problem, making a pc game unplayable. Red Faction Guerilla is one such game for me. I have tried all the tweaks I could find but could not produce a stable frame rate in that game. I should have just picked up the 360 version. Same problem with Sega Rally Revo. Looking at my sig, obviously I have plenty of horsepower to run these games but they just do not run smoothly enough to be playable. Incidentally, most games run fine on my PC (e.g., Modern Warfare, Grid, Dirt 2, Metro 2033, Crysis). So, the problems are not so easy to isolate sometimes.

[F8];1036468178 said:
How hard is it to get used to FPS games on the 360? Can you get "as good" at aiming as on the PC?
This being [H] there are going to be a lot of people who will disagree with me on this, but I'd say that's the wrong question to be asking. The right questions is "do you need to get 'as good' at aiming as on the PC?" To which I'd say the answer is a definite "no".

Most single player shooters incorporate good enough auto aim to do the job. Maybe that's not 1337, but in terms of making the experience enjoyable without the precision of a mouse it gets the job done. And for multi-player games, everyone else is playing with the same handicap you are. So it's not much of an issue there either.

Yes, there's going to be a learning curve. You're going to spend an hour or so running around looking at the ground at first. Then you're going to spend quite a few more hours feeling like you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. But with some time and patience it will eventually just feel natural, and you'll be able to enjoy games without even thinking about it.

fact is that console gaming has made players lazy and kinda dumb. no one has to learn how to tweak a system or strive to make the gaming experience a better thing. everyone is on the same shitty playing field with a console

Those 2 points you argue don't make much sense. You shouldn't need to tweak your system to have a good gaming experience. A level playing field is good, it then comes down to who is a better player, not who has a more powerful PC.

Each system has it's pro and cons so I own all 4. I paid MSRP for the Wii since it was hard to find at the time. But got $200 off my PS3 ~2 years ago and $75 off my 360. At those prices each console cost less than my 5850.

Back