Thinking of going back to WoW... maybe.

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
Haven't played in.. geez, 2 years.
Thing is, I don't want to use my old char I already leveled... so fresh start.

Problem 1 : I mostly solo. I know ALOT of people in WoW but most of them are high lvls and well they won't play with me that's fo sure... which means I'll solo alot apart from a few instances.

Problem 2 : I'll have mostly crap gear... I can probably buy some low lvl stuff with my old lvl 60 (who's never been really rich for some reason lol) but that's really some basic stuff.

With that being said, classes I KNOW I don't want to play :
Hunter - My current "old" main.
Lock - My horde "old" main
Warrior - Just... bleh.

I'm kinda interested in the Priest class thing is, how is it if you're alone? Is it remotly viable?
I'm playing a RP In War and I love it (I'll play both game simutaniously, War for PvP and WoW for PvE). so... is it possible that I'll also like playing a Priest? With a Druid and Pally it's pretty much the only class I've never really tried (got most of em to 30 except those 3).

Input? Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

The latest patch is great & offers a lot. The expansion is a great experience in terms of WoW itself & probably a great move for many looking for more.

I really can't give advice about priests since I only have 1 main which is a lvl 70 fury warrior. I keep myself limited on spending too much time in the game with only using one character. Later on, I'll invest in a death knight with Wrath of the Lich King after they hype dies down for them or they bring in more hero classes.

Haven't played in.. geez, 2 years.
Thing is, I don't want to use my old char I already leveled... so fresh start.

Problem 1 : I mostly solo. I know ALOT of people in WoW but most of them are high lvls and well they won't play with me that's fo sure... which means I'll solo alot apart from a few instances.

Problem 2 : I'll have mostly crap gear... I can probably buy some low lvl stuff with my old lvl 60 (who's never been really rich for some reason lol) but that's really some basic stuff.

With that being said, classes I KNOW I don't want to play :
Hunter - My current "old" main.
Lock - My horde "old" main
Warrior - Just... bleh.

I'm kinda interested in the Priest class thing is, how is it if you're alone? Is it remotly viable?
I'm playing a RP In War and I love it (I'll play both game simutaniously, War for PvP and WoW for PvE). so... is it possible that I'll also like playing a Priest? With a Druid and Pally it's pretty much the only class I've never really tried (got most of em to 30 except those 3).

Input? Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

You might want to rethink your thoughts on every class you have played. With the new patch things are VASTLY different than what they were...ESPECIALLY from 2 years ago.

It sounds like you are set on playing a priest so I would just go ahead and do it.

While I never recommend anyone going to the WoW forums, I would peruse the filth and see if you can glean any information on the classes you are thinking of playing.

You are going to get a lot of "y u nerfs uz blizzzz!!!???!11" threads but I am sure there are some gems to be found.

One question; Why wouldn't you want to run around the Burning Crusade areas with your 60? Especially your hunter which I hear got a new pet or something along those lines.
You should check him/her out before you keep her on the shelf.

While I never recommend anyone going to the WoW forums, I would peruse the filth and see if you can glean any information on the classes you are thinking of playing.

Every time I think of loading wow up again, I go to the official boards. That reminds me why I left :)

lol, yeah I went there ... when you've played that game for many years you learn to live with all the complaining on those forums :)

I did some search but most topics are related to the "old" system, pre 3.0 patch that's why I decided to ask here... also, I can't post on the WoW forum for some reason, probably since my account is inactive!

Edit:

Also, I don't feel like returning to my Hunter now... maybe later, who knows, but it's such a boring class sometime !!

I have a 70 Priest, totally epic'd out. As for levelling solo.. Shadow can be pretty gnarly. Get the imp Spirit Tap and stack spirit/crit gear and you will never have to drink.

Honestly I suggest trying a Druid since you have never played one. They're alot funner in my opinion, and I can kill faster and more mobs at once with him than I ever could on my Priest. All 3x specs are mean in PVE and PVP, too.

Based on your conditions I'd definitely go with a Druid...

But off the record, you shouldnt play WoW at this point... support WAR 100%.

Love War.. it's seriously an awesome game and I won't stop playing it to play WoW ...

Thing is, I don't know ANYONE in War so I'm a pug scenario/rvr player... worked fine so far but when I'll reach endgame it'll prolly start to suck, I dunno, we'll see I'm reallly far from that since I'm altcholic :)

Druid do look good I'll give you that and they're probably better at soloing than Priest...
ShadowPriest looks cool though ... back when I played they were badass ! :)

Priest is ok but I found it to be extremely repetative if you are shadow. Dont get me wrong, the other classes are repetative too but priest just felt even worse to me. It was repition that required constant monitoring and some improvisation, but not in a fun way.
Healing is a free ticket through instances though. You are always needed, dont have as much competition for gear, and you can heal one handed while slumped back in your chair taking shots. The people who say healing takes skill etc... are full of shit. With some half decent addons it is just playing whack a mole 90% of the time with some occasional thought required but nothing a grade school kid couldnt handle. I thought about trying to train my dog to MT heal.

I liked my druid a lot more than my priest. Similar capabilities but with more doors open and room to apply some skill. The leveling was a pain though.

Every class in the game can solo level just fine though. The only one that drove me nuts was my warrior.

There have been so many changes to the classes since you have left. I would revisit them all and see what you like. As a solo player my favs have to be my main, lvl 70 lock, then lvl 60 pally, lvl 64 hunter and then my lvl 28 druid. I have others at 60 plus or minus but those 4 i spend most of my time on.

its an interesting time. the game economy is mostly fucked right now, with a new profession sucking up certain mats, and people dumping stuff used in bs that will be useless when wotlk comes out. you could probably pick up some boe 70 epics for cheap. you have 51 point talents in each tree now, some of them are fun like the hunter exotic pets

its an interesting time. the game economy is mostly fucked right now, with a new profession sucking up certain mats, and people dumping stuff used in bs that will be useless when wotlk comes out. you could probably pick up some boe 70 epics for cheap. you have 51 point talents in each tree now, some of them are fun like the hunter exotic pets

and the Prot warriors(which do TONS more damage), fury warriors(that can now dual wield two handed weapons!) etc, etc.

Don't pigeonhole yourself by going off of thoughts you had two years ago.
Take adavantage of the free respec for your hunter and try things out again.

It's a good time to come back to WoW, the changes have made things really fun.

I think with WoW 3.0 Ret Paladins have gotten stupid easy DPS, so roll Paladin if you come back to WoW?

you can always try a tankadin or healadin if you don't like Ret

Shadow Priests are awesome! I have one of every class and Priests are my favorite. Warlocks a close second.

They are hard to lvl, but once you get to 40 that is when the fun starts.

Im like you though, I haven't played in over a year, I may get back into it once the Lich King comes out. we will see. There are so many other games coming out I dont know if I will have time though.

The new patch was terrible, it turned so much of the current content into something about as difficult as finishing a lap around Candyland. Also BLizzard created some pretty huge balance issues that were not there before the patch.

Luckily this ends up being perfect for you though, take the next few weeks and level from 60 to 70 (which is really easy now btw...) and not deal with the fact that the game content is currently nerfed into the ground. Then you can hit the ground running when Lich King rolls out.

Also you might want to go farming retarded achievements :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The new patch was terrible, it turned so much of the current content into something about as difficult as finishing a lap around Candyland. Also BLizzard created some pretty huge balance issues that were not there before the patch.

Luckily this ends up being perfect for you though, take the next few weeks and level from 60 to 70 (which is really easy now btw...) and not deal with the fact that the game content is currently nerfed into the ground. Then you can hit the ground running when Lich King rolls out.

Also you might want to go farming retarded achievements :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was in a guild that was trying to clear BT, failed hard on Kael, Archimonde, Bloodboil, and could only kill Gorefiend if we had the perfect mix of people log on. Most nights it was 15-20 good players carrying 5-10 total shit players.

I stopped playing about a month ago, figured there was no point to raiding with the xpac so close. They kept going, I check the page today and they have Kael, Archimonde, Mother, ROS, and Bloodboil down. Obviously they must have nerfed the shit out of everything :p

I was in a guild that was trying to clear BT, failed hard on Kael, Archimonde, Bloodboil, and could only kill Gorefiend if we had the perfect mix of people log on. Most nights it was 15-20 good players carrying 5-10 total shit players.

I stopped playing about a month ago, figured there was no point to raiding with the xpac so close. They kept going, I check the page today and they have Kael, Archimonde, Mother, ROS, and Bloodboil down. Obviously they must have nerfed the shit out of everything :p

Blizzard has nerfed everything in TBC and I think a lot of balance issues are due to the patch being meant for WotLK, so things should get more even by lvl 80

All raid bosses have 30% less health now. They also deal less physical damage.

Whatever you do, don't level a mage if all you care about is PvP. The state of mage PvP is so sad right now it's not even funny.

Whatever you do, don't level a mage if all you care about is PvP. The state of mage PvP is so sad right now it's not even funny.

I think I might have asked you this before, but did you ever play with a guy named Shivveh? From the suramar server.

When the Burning Crusade came out didn't they nerf all the instances that were pre BC?

They could have just done the new talents and raid buffs and it would have been somewhat ok. Nerfing the boss and mob HP by 30% and reducing their was completely unnecessary, they basically flipped the switch that says "EZ MODE" written across it. It has nothing to do with balance, the content would have been a lot easier just with the new talents. This is part of Blizzard's plan to keep appealing to super casual people and bad players :rolleyes:

WoW has always been an EZ-Mode MMO, and catered to the casual players. That's why it is so popular compared to the hardcore MMO's (UO, EQ, AO) that came before it.

Oh, and for the OP, just quit playing MMO's all together, it was the best decision I ever made. You'll thank me later.

Don't get back into WoW.

Wait for Darkfall Online. Beta is about to start and ends in ealry December. Release soon after that.

We 5 manned the following instances the other night for shits and grins in about an two hours

AQ20, Ony, Most of MC (didn't have the damn quintessance thingy so no rag) and ZG.

Aq20 took about 25 minutes total, Ony less then 10, MC about an hour, and ZG in about 30 minutes for a complete clear.

We have been doing mount and turtle poly runs for a few months now since we server xferred from Wildhammer due to the 8 to 1 alliance horde ratio there.

Going to do BWL, AQ40 and finish off MC when our quintessance people get on over the weekend.

They make it SICKLY easy to solo all the 5 man lvl 60 instances now.

We 5 manned the following instances the other night for shits and grins in about an two hours

AQ20, Ony, Most of MC (didn't have the damn quintessance thingy so no rag) and ZG.

Aq20 took about 25 minutes total, Ony less then 10, MC about an hour, and ZG in about 30 minutes for a complete clear.

We have been doing mount and turtle poly runs for a few months now since we server xferred from Wildhammer due to the 8 to 1 alliance horde ratio there.

Going to do BWL, AQ40 and finish off MC when our quintessance people get on over the weekend.

They make it SICKLY easy to solo all the 5 man lvl 60 instances now.

Where is the fun in that though? To get more achievements? :p

Basically yeah at this point since all that time we spent in there didn't count for some stupid reason. It didn't register for anyone in the guild even with exalted rep with the factions for the dungeons.

BTW back to OP I leveled a UD priest,BE mage to 70, and NE hunter (first toon) to mid 60's (my kid plays him now mostly). Priest is fun but gets tedious at times. I got tired of being healbot so I leveled the mage to 70 and then leveled the priest in my off time.

I'll defenetly get Darkfall when it comes out...
I usually go by craving lol... I stick to a game for a couple months then I don't touch it for a while, then addicted again, etc.

I can get home one night and be like, omg gotta play sim city4 :)

Also, there's nothing wrong with playing MMOs ... I didn't play any for almost 2 years until AoC came out ... 15$ a month isn't really expensive if you enjoy it... I can't even take my girl to the movie theater for 15$ !

Thanks for all the advice guys, think I'll go for a Shadow Priest ! :)

i say play a ret pally. you wont require good gear, you can roll your face on the keyboard, and still own about 90% of the wow players.

i say play a ret pally. you wont require good gear, you can roll your face on the keyboard, and still own about 90% of the wow players.

*sigh* This.

I play a 70 UD Rogue. =/ Think I might try a priest for a total change, but not looking forward to grinding yetis and crap again.

*sigh* This.

I play a 70 UD Rogue. =/ Think I might try a priest for a total change, but not looking forward to grinding yetis and crap again.

Awww poor baby, a Rogue. Now you guys are only 2nd or 3rd most OP class. Sucks not having your #1 or 2 spot, doesn't it?
;)

It does. The tears of the weaker classes were like barrels of wine. Now I feel so, ordinary.

So what instances can be soloed now a days?

I tried Under Bog the other day and got killed on the 2nd mob of 3 level 63 elites. I handled the 1st mob of 2 level 63 elites but only just. I was level 65 when I tried, I'm 66 now.

What about Scholo and the other one in the Plaguelands? What about BRS?

scholo could always be soloed if you were a 70, and makes for the fastest money runs :)

Question? WHy are you thinking Spriest when you dont even want your lock anymore?

I think I might have asked you this before, but did you ever play with a guy named Shivveh? From the suramar server.

No. Only played on Dentarg, Tichondrius and a little bit on Detheroc (way little... like leveled a character to level 6 before I told my friends to go fuck themselves I wasn't going to spend another lifetime to level another character and regear).

Back