Thinking of ditching my 30" LCD...

So you are wanting to ditch your ultra premium display because of fraps? That sounds a little weird. Just saying and not judging.

I have a 22" asus tn I will gladly trade you for it lol and it's 1080p wide.

Unfortunately this is where system planning really is important. What is the point of a triple GPU rig with 1024x768 monitor? When you want to purchase a new component in general, make sure it fits with the entire system.

You have a couple of choices so that you don't have to ditch that really nice screen. You can of course sell your 5870 and get something that can push your resolution. You can get a second monitor that is lower resolution and use it for gaming and the 30" bad boy for surfing etc. Or you can just use non-native resolutions and see if you can stand the pixel spreading on an LCD.

GL.

If your screen has 1:1 pixel mapping, just set your computer's output to 1920x1080. There will be massive black bars around the picture, but fraps shouldn't record them.

This is odd - I have never experienced these black bars on my videos when I upload to youtube. Multiple videos recording at 2560x1600 both from games and from my desktop. I wonder whats going on here...

1. Show us your videos
2. How much would you sell it for?
3. Just get a cheap 1080p panel that's 22-23 inches for recording videos? Upgrade your card as necessary..

I'm sure the resolution is awesome but, I'd drop a few graphical settings before pushing out of it.

Back