Thinking of buying a MSI Neo2 Plat refurb from Newegg....bad idea?

Urraca

Gawd
Well I need a new CPU/mobo combo and want to get a venice 3000+. I have been looking at various NF3 Ultra mobos and keep hearing good things about MSI. However, their mobo is priced at $130 which is kinda of steep for the quick fix I need.

Does anyone have experince with refurbed items? Is getting a refurbed mobo a bad idea? How about experince with MSI refurb products specifically. What risks am I looking at? Thanks.

too late, I already jacked it from you

haha j/k..but all I hear is good things about newegg and thier refurbished things...lots of people in this forum order used things I know off....

I have heard different about newegg refurbished items and refuse to buy them!!

Acording to newegg they do NO quality check of their returned items unless there is a explicit DOA note with the item.

So you could get a overclocked RMA'd board or one that does not even work or etc....
I have also heard of people not getting all or some of the accessories.

Be carefulll with newegg refurb. it is usually just a RMA'd item that was put back up for sale with out any quality checking of any kind.

For Factory refurbished items i suggest dumpinggoods.com

I've never had any real problems with them...although it can be a pain in the ass not to have some rather essential "extras".

KaptainBlaZzed said:
I have heard different about newegg refurbished items and refuse to buy them!!

Acording to newegg they do NO quality check of their returned items unless there is a explicit DOA note with the item.

So you could get a overclocked RMA'd board or one that does not even work or etc....
I have also heard of people not getting all or some of the accessories.

Be carefulll with newegg refurb. it is usually just a RMA'd item that was put back up for sale with out any quality checking of any kind.

For Factory refurbished items i suggest dumpinggoods.com

This is not true,i recieved a DOA from them. You take a chance,if you get a bad one you have to pay shipping to returm it. These refurbished stuff is not tested,you are taking a risk just like New Egg states.

Return shipping for an RMA Exchange, big risk.

I suppose if you were getting something really heavy or bulky it might suck more.

Back