thinking ips for gaming quality, but then i see most are 6bit wtf??

raknarius

n00b
I thought the whole reason to go ips is for the quality of the 8bit panels and the display properties, so I start searching a lot of people recommend dell, but the popular models are using a 6bit ips panel. wtf???

isn't the whole reason to go ips is because of the 8 bit panels, im looking for the best ips preferably 1920 x 1200 but would accept 1080p

I play all games, not just fps and I don't play competitively so im looking for the best monitor around 300 bucks, but really is the best monitor a 6bit ips???

if so why shouldn't I go 6bit tn.. im confused please help

IPS is better than TN because of superior viewing angles and generally IPS monitors have better backlight that give better gamut. 6bit + A-FCR gives ennough color depth for it to cause no real issues, especially on slow IPSes that are so slow that it is extremely easy to make FCR that is not noisy and reproduce all colors

as for why not buy TN... if that is for gaming then buy TN with 120Hz LightBoost because gaming at suchm monitor will give superior experience copared to smearing 60Hz IPS :)

Back