Thinking about picking up borderlands 2

song414

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, I was curious if borderlands 2 is worth it for playing the multiplayer with random ppl? I always considered borderlands 1 more of a single player game or if you have friends that play, but with random people it always felt "off". I was curious if borderlands 2 is any more fun with multiplayer with random ppl?

Also do you prefer to play multiplayer or single player and why?

Stop thinking. Pick it up. :D

I generally play by myself, but the MP is also a lot of fun with friends.

Don't play with randoms though, it's an exercise in frustration.

I was curious about picking it up also. I am wondering if it will have a deal in Steam soon or not.

There is almost always a deal for this game somewhere. Probably will be on the Steam Holiday Sale, but if you want it sooner there is a Green Man Gaming coupon code for 25% off (GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6) bringing it down to $37.50 or so. They will also have a 30% off sale on the Season Pass DLC pack next Thursday with coupon code GMG30-BL2SE-ASONP.

If you have never used GMG before and would like a referral code for a $2 credit after you buy your first game, shoot me a PM. You will need to register your account with a referral link.

Stop thinking. Pick it up. :D

I generally play by myself, but the MP is also a lot of fun with friends.

Don't play with randoms though, it's an exercise in frustration.

Get friends, and play with them, 2 or more preferred. This game isn't really a solo game, and it was never meant to be really. I'd die of boredom alone, but that's just me I suppose.

Best gaming value out there IMHO. I got over 50 hours just on PT1.

Without me. You're dead to me. :mad:

;)

We'll have to try and do something about that in the near future. :)

When are you going to make that weep inducing Contract in Hitman Absolution for me? ;)

We'll have to try and do something about that in the near future. :)

When are you going to make that weep inducing Contract in Hitman Absolution for me? ;)

I wish we could put music to it. I'd put that Alien Ant Farm song "Annie are you OK" in it, while a slew of bad guys come after you. With shotguns rifles. I'll just give you the ballers. ;)

It's the holidays, no weeping for anyone.

Fun game. Just a fun shooter and well made.
Takes a long time to play through, which is awesome.
But don't start any part unless you have over an hour to play.

The download content is really good as well.

In the month and a half since it was released, it's all I played when I had the time......and I got PT1, about 1/4 into PT2 and did both DLCs for fun.

I wanted something different so I'm on to FC3 presently, but will definately go back and finish PT2.

I wish we could put music to it. I'd put that Alien Ant Farm song "Annie are you OK" in it, while a slew of bad guys come after you. With shotguns rifles. I'll just give you the ballers. ;)

That sounds pretty good. :D

It's the holidays, no weeping for anyone.

Heh. :)

As for Borderlands 2: I'm taking a break before starting PT2. Ideally that break ends when they put out a level cap increase. I'm already at 43.

OP great game and worth full price. You can wait a bit for the Winter Steam Sales and or wait for a GOTY edition. Ultimately I had a blast with the main game and DLC with 90 hours played. I also did a LAN party with some buddies and that was tons of fun.

I've heard a lot of good things about it but I'm still not convinced. Not sure if I'll like the mmo/roleplaying aspect of it

I couldn't get into it because playing hurt my eyes. I tried changing the FOV but it had no effect. My friends like it a lot though.

Hi guys, I was curious if borderlands 2 is worth it for playing the multiplayer with random ppl? I always considered borderlands 1 more of a single player game or if you have friends that play, but with random people it always felt "off". I was curious if borderlands 2 is any more fun with multiplayer with random ppl?

It is pretty much the same as BL1 in terms of what you are asking. If you didn't like MP with random people in BL1 I don't see why you would feel different with BL2.

Get friends, and play with them, 2 or more preferred. This game isn't really a solo game, and it was never meant to be really. I'd die of boredom alone, but that's just me I suppose.

Agree with your sentiments completely. Game is boring as hell to me solo, but Game of the Year material in a group. It is way too much fun in a group!

In a pickup group it's terrible. I'd rather stick bamboo under my own fingernails than play BL2 in a pickup group again. My worst enemy shouldn't be subjected to that.

I've heard a lot of good things about it but I'm still not convinced. Not sure if I'll like the mmo/roleplaying aspect of it

The only "MMO/Roleplay" aspect to it is the levels and skill points. Other than that its shit for brains shoot everything that moves gameplay.

Pick it upon steam sale as GOTY, BL1 was much better game.

I have to agree with this. As much polishing and "cleaning-up" of the original that GB did with BL2 (menus,UI,etc.,) the first game just has a much better atmosphere. BL1 just felt like a scifi-western-looter, BL2 doesn't really have that type of soul to it like the original.

It's still badass though.

Pick it upon steam sale as GOTY, BL1 was much better game.

Better, no. Different. I jumped the Borderlands bandwagon late and my first game was BL2. After finishing that I went back and played BL1. Guns in BL1 overall are better than the toy space guns in BL2 - they have a weight to them, it feels like you're shooting a machine and the sounds are a nice 'THWACK' like the shot means something. Corrosive pistols like Pestilent Defiler with Mordecai's skilltree spec'd out for pistols - OH BABY.

But graphics overall are better and more fluid in BL2, PhysX is a lot of fun with NVIDIA cards, the Multiplayer is better in BL2 - especially on PC. If you play BL1 on PC you'll be very alone since they used the now outdated Gamespy for MP at the time of release. BL1 feels a lot more like an extended techdemo by comparison.

They're both EXCELLENT games and both deserve a playthrough. BL1 GOTY edition which contains all the DLC's (you'll want to play General Knoxx) for $30 - coupon code at Greenmangaming and you're in heaven.

Last edited:
Back