Thinking about Jumping on this LCD deal

ApaThy_NeXT2

[H]ard|Gawd
SONY SDM-S73/B 17" LCD

Comes out to about $420 after the Instant rebate. $435 shipped.
One thing little problem that it doesn't have a DVI connector. Is there really a difference between DVI and regular VGA connector?
Any one have any experiences with this LCD?

AND ITS SONY!

I haven't been impressed with Sony's in general. Just comparing in stores.

Office Depot is clearancing some Samesung 172s for $378 if you can find them.

Dunno how they compare though...

I hooked up my dell 1801FP w/o DVI for the heck of it. it looked like ass! blurry, no sharpness what so ever.

just get a LCD w/ DVI:)

Originally posted by brschmid
I hooked up my dell 1801FP w/o DVI for the heck of it. it looked like ass! blurry, no sharpness what so ever.

just get a LCD w/ DVI:)

I've heard that as well, so i bought a new DVI-capable card for my new 2001fp. I received my lcd before the (ati9600xt) card and used analog (geforce3 ultra). After using the DVI I couldn't notice a difference at all.

Sent the crappy performing ATI back and using the analog now. and happy.

YMMV

I hooked my 1801 up on VGA first and it's hard to tell them apart from DVI once adjusted... you must not have your settings right or your panel is hosed...

Originally posted by GNNR |AVault|
I hooked my 1801 up on VGA first and it's hard to tell them apart from DVI once adjusted... you must not have your settings right or your panel is hosed...

it could have been because I hooked it up to my craptop which is 4 years old and has 4mb of shared video memory.

Originally posted by brschmid
it could have been because I hooked it up to my craptop which is 4 years old and has 4mb of shared video memory.

I would have to agree with you on that point....but if you hooked ANY display up to that comp I bet it would look like a$$

Originally posted by gigglebyte
I would have to agree with you on that point....but if you hooked ANY display up to that comp I bet it would look like a$$

actually my CRT looked pretty good hooked up to it.

Back