Thinking about getting an AT&T droid phone, which one?

sed8em

2[H]4U
Looking at jumping into the world of droid, away from my iPhone, never was a huge fan of Apple.

I'm looking at picking up a used Atrix 4g, seems to be a pretty good phone with the 2.3 update from the reviews I've seen online. They also go for pretty cheap on Craigslist around me as well.
Any thoughts on any other AT&T droid devices?

Edit: Or possibly even an HTC Inspire 4G, that huge screen is pretty sweet looking. 3.5" screen on the iPhone sucks.

Last edited:
inspire is very very very heavy....

Get the SGS2, if you're in a LTE market, definitely get the Nitro or Skyrocket. The data speed will blow your mind.

Even if you are not in an lte market yet get the skyrocket, it is much more powerful and ltewill keep rolling out

Get the Skyrocket no questions.

I have the Sprint Galaxy SII, which is very close to the Skyrocket, and I LOVE my phone, best Android device I have owned, and I have owned five different Androids. I am rooted with custom ROM + ICS theme, this phone rocks.

The Galaxy S2 is sweet looking, but i'm not eligible for an upgrade for like 7 months, so whatever I get will have to be in the $200-$250 range on Craigslist.
Which is why I was leaning towards the Atrix 4g, as it falls into my price range.

If you want a Droid phone, you have to go to Verizon since they're the only carriers with "Droids" :p.

I would say for the price range you're looking in, either get the Atrix or a Captivate (Galaxy S). The Captivate is still a great phone with decent hardware. It's just a shame that Samsung hasn't done shit to it for updates; I think it's still stuck on 2.2. I'm sure it has a nice mod/dev community though if you want to get into that stuff. Also, I'm not sure if the Captivate was plagued with the crippled GPS issues that some of the Galaxy S phones had.

Back