Think of giving PS3's as Christmas gifts

gnewbury

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - September 2007
IF:
You have the $$
You know someone that you would usually give a $400 or more gift to.
That recipient could use a PS3.
They would fold for Team #33
and maybe for either you or gemniii :)
Seriously think of a PS3 as a gift.

I realize that there may be only a few of us that give $400 Christmas presents, however I know if I give my mother-in-law a Q6600 system it may be turned on only when she wanted to use it, but a PS3 (with only a little encouragement) will run forever.

Presently at a reliable 900ppd, plus VJ is talking about doubling that with some new code.
/edit They do use about 200W, or 4.8KW/day, but they do a great job at Blu-Ray and upconverting.
here's a recent article:http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-gamer_1020gl.ART.State.Edition1.423e51d.html

And, there is always the possibility that one can receive a $400 gift! :)

Fold on!

Honestly, I would like to buy a PS3 as a gift but I'm a bit strapped in cash currently. The price of a PS3 is going toward a watercooling setup that I'm ordering currently :eek:

Damn addiction :D

Honestly, I would like to buy a PS3 as a gift but I'm a bit strapped in cash currently. The price of a PS3 is going toward a watercooling setup that I'm ordering currently :eek:

Damn addiction :D

I water cooled for 3 years. I hope you enjoy it but air cooling is so good now it just doesn't seem worth it any more. The PS3 is a lot more fun :cool:

I water cooled for 3 years. I hope you enjoy it but air cooling is so good now it just doesn't seem worth it any more. The PS3 is a lot more fun :cool:

For me, it is since with the current setup, I'm hovering around 75C under load at just 3.0 GHz :eek: Don't worry, since I picked the best parts (Thermochill PA120.3, D-Tek Fuzion CPU block with nozzles, MCP355 with Petra Top, Swiftech MicroRes and 3/8" parts), I should be good for many years of use, with just the cpu block to change if needed.

Think of this as a investment and a fun challenge for me since I never watercooled before :) My aim is to run at 3.6 GHz 24/7.

Also, it may seems strange but my gf doesn't mind my WC buying since she said she respect my hobby like I respect hers. He refuse to buy a PS3 because she find it a "child toy" and despite my countless hours of explanation, she doesn't change her mind. However, I will have a chance later next year as my son will grow old enough (close to 4 years now) to get a PS3 so she cannot say that :p

Back