Think my video card is dying or someting

Shawn

Limp Gawd
Everytime i play anygame i get Artifacts. In the newer games witht he UNreal engine or Battlefield Engine. I get textures going to the sky and going across the screen. It happens in everygame i have. UNreal 2, UNreal 2 XMP, Unreal TOurnament 2003, Battlefield Veitnam. Now heres the thing It started to happen 3 days ago. I had ever game working fine. THen one day this start to happen. I had formatted my harddrive and reinstalled WIndows. SAme Problem, I think i am going to RMA it. But if anyone had the same problem and didn't RMA it and fixed please tell me.

point a fan at it or something, sounds like heat issues, if that doesn't work RMAing would probably be the next step..

I heard more cooling helps though

~Adam

IS there a way i could add more cooling without buy new cooling for it?

usually when that happens to me it means my memory is clocked too high. what kind of ram does your card have? 128 or 256MB? the 256MB DDRII chips get really hot.

You can get a pci slot dual fan blower that blows up at the card... bout 12 bucks... I'd jsut buy the best video card cooler out there... and put it on or get someone else to put it on if you aren't knowledgeable. have fun.

~Adam

Could i have the left side of my case open to get better temps or would that make it worst?

Originally posted by Shawn
Could i have the left side of my case open to get better temps or would that make it worst?

it helps alot if you only have the power supply fan going. just have to watch out for dirt getting on the heatsync. funny story a friend of mine had his case open all the time and he split some of his dinner and some got on the heatsync and when his pc got hot so did the food emiting weird oders for about 2 days.

Turn off fastwrites! This setting is a major artifact/crash producer. If its still artifacting after that set AGP to 4x.

No that blower isn't great, try finding a slot blower that just sucks air up and blows it straight at the gfx card. Last time I saw them they were 2 blue 80mm fans in a slot design to blow straight up.

~Adam

imma just RMA im not spending money on something that is defective. not *I am not overclocked*

Back