Think I'll go from a Coolermaster Stacker 810 to a Antec 900.

plac

Gawd
Think I'll go from a Coolermaster Stacker 900 to a Antec 900..

I know my Coolermaster cost more and probably cools better. But I'm looking for a fun project and want to rebuild a bit. My Coolermaster has the 300mm crossflow fan which blows over the entire motherboard. It also has the 120mm in front of the hard drive enclosure just like the Antec does. Maybe its a waste of time to swap cases in this situation?

I would never do that. The Stacker is a much better quality case than the 900, and I can't think of any good reason to switch from it.

Thanks for the input. I was hoping someone would talk me out of it. I've had the stacker for least 3 years and I'm getting bored with it.

Thanks for the input. I was hoping someone would talk me out of it. I've had the stacker for least 3 years and I'm getting bored with it.
The stacker is perfection. You can customize and completely make your case beautiful. For my upgrade I created a ditry metal type of look and went in reverse atx:
9sbby9.jpg

2937d4w.jpg

2uh7c6q.jpg

2h6ra78.jpg

When I rebuild my computer, I think I'm going to flip my Stacker to reverse ATX too, just to change things up, haha.

When I rebuild my computer, I think I'm going to flip my Stacker to reverse ATX too, just to change things up, haha.

ohh dude! Can you mount the power supply in bottom of that case? Sweet maybe thats what I can do to try some new things.

The stacker is indeed a very good case but I hate the look of it...I would personally go with a Antec 1200

The Coolermaster RC690 is a great flowing, smaller case. I like it way more than I did my Antec 900.

well, 1 month later, i bought the antec 900 yesterday.

selling my coolermaster locally.

my MB temp went from 34C down to 29C with the Antec 900.

The coolermaster is just too big with too many air holes everywhere. It couldnt get a proper flow going thru the case.

Antec 900 is a great airflow case, but it does lack in the wire management area. You need to do a bunch of work if you want really hidden wires. There is not much room behind the mobo tray either. I suggest a modular PSU. My side is slightly bowed on mine.

The CM stacker is a great blank slate. It is as bland or as interesting as you want it to be. Personally I needed lots of room and spots for lots of drives of various sorts, which is why I bought it. The 6 front USB ports are very handy, since I put together work from many people's thumb drives. Hiding wires is an easy job, and if things aren't cool enough, adding extra fans isn't hard.

Personally, giving it some kind of leet bling bling look isn't a priority of mine, but this would be a great case for that if I was into that sort of thing, considering it's massive amounts of extra room and giant side view window.

Most people say the feature makes the case look ugly, but I love it - the inclusion of casters (wheels). You wouldn't believe how much easier life is with wheels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is an option (at least on mine) to mount the power supply at the top - only at the bottom, but I think it's better off down there anyway. There are two 120mm fans up there in the way.

edit - apparantly there are many stacker versions, most of which I know nothing about. The one I have is the 810 with the window (not the 810 with the vent) on the side. It is available with an 850 watt PSU already included (more expensive) or without a PSU included (less expensive). Again, I would recommend this box to everyone, with the only exception being people that don't want something big. (It's really big.)

On the stacker 810 there is room for only one PSU at the bottom. On the origonal stacker ST01 there is space for 2 one at the top and one at the bottom.

If I were you I would stay with the Coolermaster Stacker. I have an Antec 900, and its great but I think the Coolermaster still beats it.

Even so, it'll be helpful to people searching through old threads to look for information/opinions about the two towers being discussed.

I do have a case question though - the 810 has a "case intrusion" button (something that tells the computer when the case has been opened). I connected the wiring for it to the appropriate spot on the motherboard that I picked up. What kind of software/drivers use this feature? I am new to this and would like to learn more.

My stacker 810 is not able to be heard unless I'm right next to it (it's stowed away where sound would be deadened anyway). The only thing that I can hear from more than three feet away in a completely otherwise silent room is the stock intel CPU fan and extremely faint ticks from the hard drive. If I were worried about it, a suspension mount (bungee cord hanging mount) would fix the hard drive sound and an aftermarket cooler would silence the CPU. Luckily the box is where I couldn't even hear a loud computer, so that isn't such an issue for me.

Having said that, the stacker 810 does have a rubber suspension for the hard drive bracket, which brings down the noise quite a lot.

I'm guessing the 900 is a good case, and I don't want to look like I'm saying that the 810 is any better or worse. I have no experience with the 900, but wanted to describe the good/bad of the 810.

Well, keep in mind that if you see a high cost, it's probably because you're looking at the model with the included 850W power supply ($279.99). The model with no included power supply is actually less than half the price ($129.99), which is what I bought, considering I had a better yet less expensive PSU for that box.

Back