Thin Bezels but displays not using entire screen

ned911

Limp Gawd
I have a 3 monitor setup powered from a GTX1650 (1 MSI Mag272C curved, 2 AOC 2757). However the image on each screen is not using the entire screen so essentially it appears each monitor has a thick bezel.

How do I fix this?

When I set up gpu scaling, full size for each monitor it doesn't expand to the edge. In surround mode it won't let me select gpu scaling

When I set up gpu scaling, full size for each monitor it doesn't expand to the edge. In surround mode it won't let me select gpu scaling
using nvidia panel? should be set to full screen, perform on gpu and override ticked. if that doesn help, drop to one monitor and see if you can get it full. then add the others back. it could be because of the mismatch monitors.

Disconnected the 2 flat screen and tried it with just the MSI connected to the DP. Was able to get full screen, GPU scaling and checked the box but it still wouldn't expand to the full width of the screen. Might just been the low power 1650.

Disconnected the 2 flat screen and tried it with just the MSI connected to the DP. Was able to get full screen, GPU scaling and checked the box but it still wouldn't expand to the full width of the screen. Might just been the low power 1650.
is there any scaling options in the monitors menus? it shouldnt be that card. could be the drivers not working right though. have you ddu'd and updated at all?

Haven't been able to find anything in the monitor menu's - doesn't mean it's not there :) Drivers are all updated but I'll double check the monitor drivers.

Update: monitor driver is just the Generic PnP Monitor. When I try and update the driver to the MSI specific driver I get a message stating the Generic driver is the best one and it won't install the new driver. gggrrr

Update 2: got the MSI driver loaded. No change.

Last edited:
MSI tech sent me a RMA form. In the MSI forum someone commented the black band is supposed to be there - why would you have a ultra thin bezel if the monitor didn't go to the edge.

BTW- get the same band when it's plugged into my Mac Mini via HDMI.

I assume you mean like the below pic? That's just how monitors are these days with "hidden" bezels that look fancy when they are black or off. I am not aware of any 144hz monitors with true thin bezels. I'm sure they exist but I just haven't seen any.

bmrc8q7fCi22Tye5jh5Cgb.jpg

LOL Please don't RMA that. That black area isn't unused LCD, that's the bezel. There is nothing wrong with the display.

tool_462 - exactly like that. So the thin bezel is just marketing bs? Was hoping to use in a triple monitor setup with iRacing which is why I bough the thin bezel. Oh well

tool_462 - exactly like that. So the thin bezel is just marketing bs? Was hoping to use in a triple monitor setup with iRacing which is why I bough the thin bezel. Oh well

It is a thin bezel, just not as thin as you imagined. Seems like if you looked at pictures of the monitor prior to purchase, like the image above, you would have seen that?

I assume you mean like the below pic? That's just how monitors are these days with "hidden" bezels that look fancy when they are black or off. I am not aware of any 144hz monitors with true thin bezels. I'm sure they exist but I just haven't seen any.

View attachment 246566
lol i guess asking for pics might have ended the thread sooner....

Back